My 2year old sulcata only wants poop right now

Pnculley

Location (City and/or State)
Mesa Arizona
Hello there! This is my first post, but I have read many of your posts about diet. I know dog poo isn't great for them, but my 2 year old discovered some of my dog's poop recently, and he doesn't want to eat anything else lately (the past couple of days). I usually feed him dandelion leaves and Romain lettuce. I usually sprinkle repti-calc on his food a few times a week.
Now I am a little worried because he hasn't eaten for 3 days, but when I take him outside, he hunts down poop,. And won't eat the grass or anything else like he was before.
Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There must be some nutrients his body craves that isn't being offered in the weeds. Try sprinkling a tiny bit of Miner-all over the food.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello there! This is my first post, but I have read many of your posts about diet. I know dog poo isn't great for them, but my 2 year old discovered some of my dog's poop recently, and he doesn't want to eat anything else lately (the past couple of days). I usually feed him dandelion leaves and Romain lettuce. I usually sprinkle repti-calc on his food a few times a week.
Now I am a little worried because he hasn't eaten for 3 days, but when I take him outside, he hunts down poop,. And won't eat the grass or anything else like he was before.
Any suggestions will be appreciated!
And stop letting him have poop. He'll get hungry for the right foods again after a while. Your tortoise should not have access to your dog's area, and your dog should not have access to your tortoise's area. This is a disaster waiting to happen in one of many ways.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Update: he started eating again this morning!
Really. Please do keep him away from the dog poop and the dogs! He needs a more varied diet than what I see you are giving him, but dog poop is not on the list of recommended sulcata food....and I hope it never will be! All the best.