My baby sulcata doesn't eat a lot and keeps sleeping

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lewisville, Texas
OK thank is there anything else that I should do right away

Soak him in warm water for 20-40+ minutes. Be sure the water is actually warm, like close to what you would shower in or bathe a baby in. You can put the soaking container near or under the heat lamp to keep it warm.

Emily Contreras

Arizona
I just got it cage because nowhere had the best of things but it has a heat lamp,calcium supplements and a something to shook in with water and I know I don't have the best of things for it to live in but I'm trying to find something better View attachment 251151 and he hasn't moved
Wrong waterbowl, substrate, heatlights, and no hides? If you had tortoises, I thought you would know better, Seriously, not trying to bash you, but that is litterally an empty cage with some substrate and a waterbowl.

Emily Contreras

Arizona
OK thank is there anything else that I should do right away
YES! Get soil or something as substrate, a terra cotta saucer and a che for night. A bigger cage, 2 hides, a hot and a cold, get a mister and a humidity measurer. if you want, you can even put some plants like dandelions inside the cage. it doesn't have to be 48 inches.. but definetly somewhere around that size.

abby12345233

Ohio
Wrong waterbowl, substrate, heatlights, and no hides? If you had tortoises, I thought you would know better, Seriously, not trying to bash you, but that is litterally an empty cage with some substrate and a waterbowl.
I just moved and my old tortoises cage was lost in the move plus the new tortoise was a surprise so I went out and tried to find the best I could it took me going to 4 different places to find anything I'm planning on getting a better place for him soon