My cancer kitty. Gizmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
He is gone. :-( I had decided it was time, and I would make arrangements this week on my days off. I was 'planning' and kept asking for a sign...
Last night something happened, and he started having trouble breathing. He was scared, I was terrified.. Sunday night after hours.. OMG..
I called a friend who is a Vet Tech.. I got her VM and she was on call for emergencies.. Fate? She was able to come to me, instead of me having to drive to a Vet, and cause giz more fear and panic.. She arrived about 1 hour after I called her.. she was able to sedate him and his was calm and relaxed. She said his lungs sounded very 'wet'. I think his heart was failing along with his body and other parts.. I KNOW it was time.. the sedation was almost all it took. I dont miss the Sick him.. Im glad its over.. but I SO MISS him. He was part of me in a way I dont even understand.. Part of me died with him.
I cant post pictures here.. but he is on my facebook page. If anyone knows how to transfer pics over copy paste to here.. go ahead.. I want people to see how special he is.
Goodbye my special boy. You will always be with me..

M

Maggie Cummings

I lost my Big Bubba on July 31st so I can tell you first hand that the pain takes a long time to go away. The very next day after Bubba died a strange woman brought me a brown paper bag, that's just how I got Bubba 16 years ago as a 4 week old kitten, there was a 4 week old kitten in this brown paper bag. It was just too strange, there was NO way for this stranger to know I got Bubba in a paper bag. But there was a 4 week old tuxedo kitten in that bag. I NEVER would have gotten another cat that soon on my own after Bubba dying like he did. But I have to say that having a kitten with all her antics and the care she needed helped to heal my heart. I still cry when I talk about Bubba. And I still cry when I think about him. I don't think ever in my life I have loved a cat that much and my heart is still broken, but having Max around doing all the stuff that kittens do has made it not quite so hard that I killed my friend and companion Big Bubba Cummings.
My heart breaks for you Laura. I so know how it feels. I am so sorry. You will hear those words a lot in the next few days...but it doesn't help. Nothing anyone says makes the hurt any less. It's a big giant hurt in your chest and it takes a long time to go away. I am so sorry

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
:( I'm so sorry! Hang in there. Gizmo was lucky to have someone like you.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Laura: That's just so sad. I, too, lost a treasured cat friend last year. My Katy Kitty.

Thank goodness your vet tech friend was able to come over and help your kitty companion's passing go smoother.

Is that Gizmo in your avatar? Beautiful picture!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Here is Laura's beautiful Gizmo. I'm so, so sorry Laura. You are not alone, because Gizmo will always be with you.

15435_1261794457890_1020552723_8443.jpg

17454_1299339036481_1020552723_9546.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
What a beautiful regal cat!!! I also can say I know the heart break first hand, and also the hole Maggie talked about. But when people say, oh I cold never get another, I have to ask them. How long did you have them> No matter how much time that answer is, how much heartbreak did they give you. Usually it's illness towards the end, sometimes it's sudden, either way, more likely than not. that horrible time is still a fraction of the time they gave you 100 per cent of themselves.
There is nothing in the world like animals and what they give us.
So sorry for your loss.
Na

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I am so sorry to hear about your cat Laura. We all have been there I think. I couldn't help but shed a tear when I was reading your post. They are more then friends to us they are our family members. Gizmo is an absolutely beautiful cat how lucky he was to have had you also.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
sorry to hear about that. I have always wondered if animals know they are dying when they die or are they just scared because it feels wrong or something? My 20 year old cat passsed away a few years ago and she seemed scared but I could not tell if she was scared because she was dying or if she was just scared in general?

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
He is such a handsome cat! We so easily get attached to these little buddies of ours. I lost my cocker spaniel almost 3 years ago now and my eyes still well up when I talk about him. He too, got very sick at the end and I was sad that he gone, but glad that he didn't suffer any longer. I'm so sorry for your loss!

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Nottinghamshire, UK
I didnt want to read this becuase I didnt know the out come, but I have now read it and cried my eyes out!
What the best picture to remember him by (in the suit case)
Im so sorry, I feel your pain, we had loadsa cats now got jasper and tibbs left, jasper is my baby and am dreading the day when the time will come

He will always be with you, nd so will all of us on TFO!
xx

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
He's beautiful. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
I cried when I saw the news on your facebook Laura. Gizmo was a really gorgeous looking kitty, and I know nothing I say will make the pain go away....but just know that we're thinking of you, and I'll keep you in my prayers xxxxx Hugs to you

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
Perhaps they are not stars in the sky,
but rather openings where your
special pet shines down on you
to let you know they are happy.

With the deepest understanding,

The Nicholson's

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Thank you everyone for your words and thoughts. its been a week.. long one..
now the horse is sick.. i really didnt need this 'distraction'. i have enough to do!
My horse is a rescue, about 25 years old. weight loss the runs and now doesnt want to eat much.. ugh..
Im trying all sorts of things.. via vet who came out. he was fighting me today with his treatment and wanted OUT, so i let him out.. hope i can catch him later for his PM's

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My old mare was 30 when I finally had to bite the bullet this past fall and have her put down.

Did the vet know what is wrong with your old boy?

Status
Not open for further replies.