My dog attacked my Dt

regina c silkwoodz

My dog broke down my tortoise pin and got to my baby ! He seems to be okay he come out his shell and walks just fine no damage done to his limbs as far as I can see just his poor shell, I can't really take him to the vet as I'm sure they require money upfront and I do not have it at all. What can I do? I have read betadine, Vetericyn and neosporin.. He does have loose substrate at the moment I will remove tomorrow asap..

image.jpeg image.jpeg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
My dog broke down my tortoise pin and got to my baby ! He seems to be okay he come out his shell and walks just fine no damage done to his limbs as far as I can see just his poor shell, I can't really take him to the vet as I'm sure they require money upfront and I do not have it at all. What can I do? I have read betadine, Vetericyn and neosporin.. He does have loose substrate at the moment I will remove tomorrow asap..
There is no broken skin and the shell damage looks like surface damage (it's still hard, not soft I assume)

Your tort has had a fright and nothing more serious.

Betadine etc are only effective where there's a risk of bacterial infection. There isn't any risk here as the skin is not broken so you don't need them.

The damage won't go away but it will become less obvious as your tort grows.

What you must focus on is making sure that your tort and dog can never be together in future even with you there.

There's something about torts that makes even the best behaved dog treat it as a chew toy. Dogs and torts don't mix. Ever.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
Sorry this happened to your tort and I am sure it won't ever again! We all learn.
Cute little tort!