my dogs got pepper sprayed today!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mert

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
So i hear my dogs barking like crazy, i go outside and see some utility guy up on the phone pole so I get the dogs inside. I apologized for all the barking and he tells me he gets it all the time, there just doing there job. When i go inside my dogs have orange stuff all other them and my Chihuahuas eye is swollen shut!! Couldnt the guy told me what he did? Or was it my neighbor that did it? My dogs bark at the fence between us a lot. Anyways im not happy and wanted to vent!! After baths they are all fine just wish it wasnt such a mystery and hope it doesnt happen again.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Your a lot nicer then I would have been. Who ever would have done that to my dog, who is in my yard would be lucky if they got to see tomorrow. Touch my animals, and you just ended your life. I think you should find out who it was and press charges. If they are in your yard, they have no right to do that.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
That is such not an ok thing to do. If it were the utility guy, he should have come to your front door first. If a neighbor, I'd confront them and document it. Around here, the barking dog is the last thing folks would need to worry about.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I surely. Would have asked who did that to my dogs. What the heck..they were just barking. I could see if they went after them..people are just cruel...

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
I would feel like I failed my dog if i didnt find out who it was, poor dogs cant even be safe in their own yard.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I worked for the phone company for almost 30 years. It is their practice to contact the homeowner if they need to get in the yard to reach the pole. If no one is home, it is ok to enter the yard without permission, and if there are dogs in the yard, he has to protect himself. But he must first ring the bell and see if anyone is home.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
It would not be a good idea to pepper spray my dogs in my own back yard.

You are unbelievably calm cool and collected about this.

Mert

5 Year Member
California
The guy was gone by the time i realized what happened. I tried calling comcast and verizon to find out who was out here But no one knows anything or wont help me. There apologetic but cant give me any answers. I really dont think the neighbors would. There dogs bark too. But i dont speak spanish so i cant ask them about it. My bigger dog would try to bite a stranger in our yard but he didnt use our yard to get to the pole. I dont really know what else i can do...

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Mert said:
The guy was gone by the time i realized what happened. I tried calling comcast and verizon to find out who was out here But no one knows anything or wont help me. There apologetic but cant give me any answers. I really dont think the neighbors would. There dogs bark too. But i dont speak spanish so i cant ask them about it. My bigger dog would try to bite a stranger in our yard but he didnt use our yard to get to the pole. I dont really know what else i can do...

I would be demanding answers. I would be sending a letter to Comcast and Verizon. OMG.. If your dogs are contained in your own yard and you are home to be able to take them in if needed it would be nothing less than animal cruelty.

Status
Not open for further replies.