my frens turts r sick wat to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

starkid

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
my frend hav this turtle wich ha been livin with him fr 3mnths but suddnely its gettin weak n its lik hardly moves n all can u plz advise us wat to do

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Starkid:

We'll need more info if we are to help your friend:

what kind of tortoise
how is the habitat set up
lights
heat
food

You're in India, right?

Please give us more info and we'll be happy to tell you what we think he needs to do.

Yvonne

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Take it to a reptile vet. u can do a search online for reptile vets in ur area. What kind of turtle, how is it kept, what is it fed, what other symptoms - more information will be helpful to us help u, but it needs to see a vet if its that sick. Good Luck.

starkid

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Starkid:

We'll need more info if we are to help your friend:

what kind of tortoise
how is the habitat set up
lights
heat
food

You're in India, right?

Please give us more info and we'll be happy to tell you what we think he needs to do.

Yvonne

hi it is a in a spacious tank along with 5 other turtles it is called a brahminy terrapin there r 3 baskin platforms there is a hallogen ligh given to them 4 hrs a day n food he gives them all veggies n on sunday he gives them raw meat n yes im frm india

katesgoey said:
Take it to a reptile vet. u can do a search online for reptile vets in ur area. What kind of turtle, how is it kept, what is it fed, what other symptoms - more information will be helpful to us help u, but it needs to see a vet if its that sick. Good Luck.

thnk u fr ur help but there r no reptile vets in mumbai where we live :(

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
The only thing he can do is set it up alone in shallow warm water with it's own light. That way it's not getting banged around by the other turtles. Hopefully this will help and the turtle will start doing better.
It would help also if you can get a goldfish or koi pellet to feed to this turtle and the other turtles. This will give them better nutrition along with the vegetables and meat.

Danny

starkid

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
egyptiandan said:
The only thing he can do is set it up alone in shallow warm water with it's own light. That way it's not getting banged around by the other turtles. Hopefully this will help and the turtle will start doing better.
It would help also if you can get a goldfish or koi pellet to feed to this turtle and the other turtles. This will give them better nutrition along with the vegetables and meat.

Danny
thank u fr ur help i will tell my frend to do this will a tub do cause he has one quite ok in size

ss123

5 Year Member
hey there starkid,
im a newbie i knw the turtle wich u r tlkin abt its called the crowned river turtle and i india it is called the brahminy river turtle This large species prefers water bodies with slow current, mud bottoms, and abundant aquatic vegetation. It has been taken from or observed in oxbows, ponds, canals, and quiet pools in rivers.i know this as i study abt turtles i hav 6 turtle includin the crowned river turtle.i live in india to n do u knw of any turtle shops ovr here in mumbai

Status
Not open for further replies.