want to lear abt my tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prajwal

5 Year Member
im new to dis pet, i ve got a green shelled tortoise its small in size too can i know which breed does it belong to n i guess its nt eating food tht i give them to de main ingridient of de fish food tht i give is white fish meal, gumard, wheat albumen, cod liver oil, lecithin, calcium, yeast, vitamin, replenishment food etc is it rght fr my tortoise and wht else do i ve to give them in natural food coz they hardly eat any leaves and how shall my fish tank need to be till now i ve kept them in water keepin some stone which rises above the surface of water and has oxygen machine what sahll i need more recently i ve started keepin them in sands

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
so you have him in a tank with water now? good. how deep is the water and is it warm? Do you have a light for basking?
A turtle need to be in water to eat, and it needs to be warm enough.
welcome.. i hope you find enough info to keep your turtle happy.
the pictures look like its in a basket lines with plastic. i hope that has changed!

Prajwal

5 Year Member
yes i ve kept in a water tank wid a filter ll b adding light too tht basket ws jst fr a change i thought it wud help them to eat, i doubt my tortoise eat anything coz ve never seen them eating n cud c dust in my water tank tht mght b of the food which i give them to eat can uguys plz suggest me smethin tht i can feed them or wht do they eat as u ve seen hw small is it

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! "Them" as in you have 2 red eared slider hatchlings?

Status
Not open for further replies.