My guy, E.T.

carlenesET

Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, CA
E.T. Went into brumation all by himself in his burrow in mid-October 2018. Since it was my first season with him, I was unsure through the whole winter how he would fare. He is just amazing! On March 18th, I saw that the crumpled newspapers at the entrance of his hide were disturbed. And.. there he was in his favorite corner. He’s been there.. just moving under a plant when it lightly rained until yesterday when I decided to soak him a little bit. He seemed to like his soak. He looks good. I gave him a little walk about in his improved habitat and he then headed back to his hide. No eating yet that I could see. But I’m so happy he knew just what to do and from now on I have confidence he’ll know just the right timing on it all. IMG_3626.jpgBy the way, he’s about five years old.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
E.T. Went into brumation all by himself in his burrow in mid-October 2018. Since it was my first season with him, I was unsure through the whole winter how he would fare. He is just amazing! On March 18th, I saw that the crumpled newspapers at the entrance of his hide were disturbed. And.. there he was in his favorite corner. He’s been there.. just moving under a plant when it lightly rained until yesterday when I decided to soak him a little bit. He seemed to like his soak. He looks good. I gave him a little walk about in his improved habitat and he then headed back to his hide. No eating yet that I could see. But I’m so happy he knew just what to do and from now on I have confidence he’ll know just the right timing on it all. View attachment 268311By the way, he’s about five years old.
Yeah!! I'm so happy to hear he's up and about for you! [emoji2]
They are amazing! Give him good long soaks every day til he's eating well. And mix in some wet greens, like some romaine or cactus, to also help hydrate. He'll be 100% in no time.

I'm looking forward to seeing you Monday night. It's on what we've learned from desert tort conservation.