My hatchling is here (3wks)

Vet

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma City, OK (USA)
"He" is too cute and extremely friendly/active. "He" is dirty in some of these pictures because I was trying not to disturb him aside from snapping a couple pics upon his arrival. He hatched the middle of May and apparently still has his egg tooth.

He's exploring, eating, pooing, drinking, soaking, loves being misted. So far he has had bermuda & orchard hay, mazuri, petunia flowers, grasses, clover, dandelion, rose leaves, opuntia cactus and of course his favorite --mulberry leaves. The humidity levels and moisture in his tub have been great and we finally figured out a minimalistic tub arrangement in which he doesn't flip himself.
9r5z5l.jpg

I'm fairly certain he has the "trident beak" that I've seen on this forum. Am I right?
k2efjl.jpg

xazbpj.jpg

No name yet
Enjoy!
-Megan

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
What a cutie! !

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Looks good! And I know you'll keep it that way...nice beak ;)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
BTW...I did a follow up post on your setup thread...but the only thing that surfaced was me quoting you...too bad! I practically wrote an article...perhaps time elapsed.

Vet

Oklahoma City, OK (USA)
Yeah I was wondering about that? Darn! Well if there's anything that hasn't been addressed please feel free to offer advice anytime. I will continue to post him.

Tank'sMom

Olmito, Tx
Cute! I have week old hatchlings tomorrow.

And my huge Tank! Who also has the "beak".

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1402369845.440782.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1402369868.606550.jpg

Flipper

MO, USA
You baby is precious! :<3:

Where do you get mulberry leaves? :confused: I've never heard of these :tort:

Vet

Oklahoma City, OK (USA)
Thank you! And they came from my friend's mulberry tree. They're supposed to he really good for them and apparently all of them love em... luckily my brother has a mulberry tree too only we will need a ladder to get him some of those branches! Definitely try and get some for yours.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
To both Vet and Flipper! Other than being a much-coveted treat, the calcium : phosphorous ratio in mulberry leaves is (more than) ideal! It's the same principle as cactus...let 'em eat all they want...and if they want to eat it daily...let 'em!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I like Mazuri (especially for hatchlings) because it introduces them to other foods. Sometimes I feed it daily...other times every other day! It will promote slightly faster growth...but always moisten it...to the consistency of oatmeal (not runny) ;)