My Herd

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So. Cal desert
A recent photo of my herd. Been a while since I've been here. Hope all is well.
11205518_931821180230125_4888642279843780308_n.jpg

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
Nice herd you got there what is your biggest and smallest and animal in there

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow. The smaller ones don't have a problem getting along with those very large ones? Btw, how large is that one furthest to the right? Looks huge.

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
Wow, beautiful herd! I can't even imagine owning so many large tortoises, must be amazing to watch them. I love just sitting and watching them "doing their thing..." Especially when they are having a good munch, Impressive!

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Wow, beautiful herd! I can't even imagine owning so many large tortoises, must be amazing to watch them. I love just sitting and watching them "doing their thing..." Especially when they are having a good munch, Impressive!
I agree!! I find it so relaxing to just watch my crazy Russian walking around his enclosure. I think tortoises are especially magical like that. ;) It was fun watching him try all the new plants I planted in his garden outside this year. He tends to spend the most time on one side of it so I think he forgot what all he has... XD

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
So. Cal desert
Nice herd you got there what is your biggest and smallest and animal in there
Of the 3 sulcatas on top, Mo the one on the right is largest at an estimated 80lbs, maybe more. She was only 37lbs when I got her. The other 2 are closing in fast. The 2 little guys are CDT and the pic makes them look a little bigger than they are, maybe 15lbs? I really need to do a weigh-in on all of them some day.

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
So. Cal desert
Nice group, and Neat pic, Not often do you see large sulcatas surrounded by a nice green lawn. :)
Haha ... the angle of the shot kind of hides the bare spots but the grass is doing pretty good. We have a lot of grazing area, hay and market supplements to try to save the grass. Plus its the right time of year for the Bermuda. It will look a lot different in November. Thank you.

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
So. Cal desert
Wow. The smaller ones don't have a problem getting along with those very large ones? Btw, how large is that one furthest to the right? Looks huge.
So far so good with them all getting along. The CDTs are males and do try to head bob their way to the big guys ... they ignore them. Mo is the one on the right ... I haven't weighed her since she was 37lbs. No way I can lift her now but I'm guessing she is around 80lbs. I can lift the other 2, maybe around 50lbs. Lost the glass to a sliding glass door to the big one, recently. My bad .... didn't have the cinder blocks set right. No injuries .. cracked it and it slowing started giving way.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So far so good with them all getting along. The CDTs are males and do try to head bob their way to the big guys ... they ignore them. Mo is the one on the right ... I haven't weighed her since she was 37lbs. No way I can lift her now but I'm guessing she is around 80lbs. I can lift the other 2, maybe around 50lbs. Lost the glass to a sliding glass door to the big one, recently. My bad .... didn't have the cinder blocks set right. No injuries .. cracked it and it slowing started giving way.
That was a big oops. Glad no one got hurt. Somehow they seem to know when we mess up, right and take quick advantage of it LOL.