My Hermmans sunshine soak

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
ImageUploadedByTortForum1381867640.589513.jpg
They love soaking up some rays and water at the same time. I love my little dalmation trio

Last edited by a moderator:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Adorable crew there....all of the torts here love to do this type of soak as well....even will toss (not literally :p) the Red Ear Sliders out in their outside tub for some sun when the tank is being drained---they seem to really enjoy as well....

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
ascott said:
Adorable crew there....all of the torts here love to do this type of soak as well....even will toss (not literally :p) the Red Ear Sliders out in their outside tub for some sun when the tank is being drained---they seem to really enjoy as well....

I agree, it seems almost all tortoises and turtles enjoy some direct sunlight for at least a little while.

It's funny how quickly some will wake up when the sunlight hits their face. I have a few that will "snap" awake when I move them to being in the sun. Plus all of my younger tortoises seem to enjoy eating in the sunshine.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I do this too! I have a spot in my back yard that is half sun half shade that works perfectly. I originally got the idea from Dean who uses this technique regularly.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I set up my morning sun bins along the fixed shadow of my shed while I feed my box turtles. So they get 20-30 min on sunshine while they feed and I soak them in the sun before that. Once I finish I put them back in my shed in their regular enclosures. On my days off I try to give them 1-2 hours in the sun bins while I do yard work. They love their Louisiana sun. :)ImageUploadedByTortForum1382200868.004528.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1382200894.336204.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: