My Intro, New Sulcata, New Family Member!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsabelleMarie

5 Year Member
Hello Everyone, I look forward to meeting you all and growing on the forum with my family which now includes a female sulcata.

Just to clear things up IsabelleMarie is my daughter that turns five on the 30th, my name is Eric but it seemed fitting to use her name as it's her pet, I purchased a 5" female sulcata for her birthday "Family Pet" but as far as she will be concerned it's her's :D

I am not new to this hobby by any means but I have always avoided torts due to the long term care and requirements, just never felt I was ready to care for such an animal as I have seen the common issues with the torts be it spur of the moment purchases, poor diet, dropped on a rescue, and so on.

while this is a family pet that will be considered family, there are reasons we choose this tort for our daughter " we realize she is 5 and may loose interest in time" in that case we will continue to care for it as we planned to, the reasons are to teach her commitment, responsibility for another life, educate her on what it means to keep a pet, just seems there are a ton of valuable lessons in caring for such an awesome creature and they are very mellow something she can learn and grow with but not have to fear.

Sorry to go on but I want to make it clear this is not a random purchase, I know how defensive people are about protecting their hobby and animals in it, the sulcata can be a touchy subject as they seem to be one of the most abused and common torts.

Another thing is I have never been on this forum but I do know forums and the mentality they draw, some are mellow and want to educate others like to attack to prove their point so that is the reason for all the excess info, I would post pics but she just arrived this morning is eating some greens right now "off the list" the main thing is I don't want to stress her to show her off as she is a little beauty :D where have you heard that before?

I will attach one pic I got from off the ark in VA, would go on about them but don't want to make this a sales pitch "they are awesome people though"

Thanks for looking and I hope we can find a place here.
Eric, Emily, Isabelle

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your visits here. we try and keep the personal attacks to a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.