My juvenile RF will eat very little or none at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

mel262011

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Robertsdale, AL
My RF, Shelly, will only eat a little bit or none at all. She is about 2 yrs old and 4 1/4" long. She started eating really well when I got her. Now, she will only eat a few pellets (1-3) and refuses to eat her other food that I have in there, it is a mix of turnips, romaine, and red/yellow peppers. Any help would be appreciated because I don't want my tort to die.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
how are her temps?

mel262011

5 Year Member
Robertsdale, AL
Her cool side is 80 degrees during the day, basking side is 95 degrees. Night time it is 75 degrees. Also, she likes to go into her hide, dig herself a hole and not come out.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Is there any chance that she's addicted to the pellets (what kind are you using and how often)? If so, there are a bunch of addiction posts on the forum and you could try to wean her away from the pellets using the guidelines outlined within them. I would assume this only if her behavior is still what it was when you first purchased her, otherwise you might have something else going on. Don't get too worked up yet and wait for some folks with years of experience to respond here, I'm sure they will soon! Wish I could be of more assistance.

mel262011

5 Year Member
Robertsdale, AL
Well, I figured out why she wouldn't eat the veggies. She doesn't like it blended together. I stopped blending the veggies and she started eating it again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.