My Leopards

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
I thought I'd share a small update on my entire Leopard collection, including my GPB's. :p I took these pictures yesterday and picstiched them together to save someone from loading multiple pictures. We have; top views, side views and up close shots. They are on a 8"x8" piece of slate tile, from here on then the pictures will be taken on this, to help show a better comparison as they grow. As you may have noticed, I recently added a new member to the family. This time a GPB, that I got at the Vegas Reptile Expo, from the Tortoise Supply booth that I worked at (thanks Tyler). Here are the pictures with names and brief descriptions. I started my Leopard collection this year of August.

Mio (GPB) - My first Leo I purchased and the second largest. As you can see the swelling of her new growth appearing. Mio, has grown to stay black, but as you can see her white growth is starting to become more visible.

6lxc.jpg

Mickey (GPP) - My second Leo I purchased and the leader of the herd. This one has had a consistent growth pattern for as long as I've had him and continues to outweigh my Leo's. Mickey, is very outgoing and doesn't mind a hand in his way and the only way for him to sit still is food.

hxs1.jpg

Maeve (GPP) - My third Leo I purchased and the shyest of the larger 3. This one doesn't mind being handled, but if handled for too long she will sometimes be inactive. I try to handle her only during soaks. Maeve, was raised outdoors before I got her and had a dry shell before I gave her weekly brushes and numerous direct misting on her shell. Time will tell with her growth.

wy0k.jpg

Mirin (GPP) - My fourth Leo I received and most special one. I received this one only 5 days after being hatched. Mirin, shows the same characteristics as Mickey and is a heavy eater. She spends at least half of the day by the food tray, she'll eat, sleep, eat, sleep and so on. Mirin, was raised in a humid environment for the first 5 days before she moved into a closed chamber and as you can see, she's had exceptionally smooth growth.

hten.jpg

Magne (GPB) - The fifth and newest member to the family. I received this one from Tyler, (Tortoise Supply) this past weekend. I hand picked this one because of his color contrast and overly round dome shaped carapace. Magne's, been shy and sleeps a lot, but what do you expect from hatching's? Giving him sometime to adjust to his environment and routine, will allow this one to "feel at home".

x16d.jpg

Group Comparison

9j68.jpg

Blooper :p

5njl.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING! :D

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Beautiful group. But seriously the small Pardalis Pardalis you have may be the cutest tortoise I've ever seen. It's so darn awesome!

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks diamond! Who knows, maybe in the future if I'm needing a female or male and you have one, we could do a trade! :p Only time will tell lol.
diamondbp said:
Beautiful group. But seriously the small Pardalis Pardalis you have may be the cutest tortoise I've ever seen. It's so darn awesome!

Kirin

5 Year Member
Chino, CA
Very beautiful group you have. Mirin is my favorite too. Love leopards!

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Heather! It's not jealousy... It's Leopard fever! :p I think you're right, you can never not have too many Leopards! You've got room for more. :)
Team Gomberg said:
Very nice!

You're making me jealous...I think I need more leopards...

julietteq

5 Year Member
Amsterdam. Netherlands
Wauw! Is that a humidifyer? I have been looking into them. I think you may have the Exo Terra Monsoon RS400 Rainfall System ? If yes, can you tell me how often you have set it to spray and how long the watertank lasts?

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
Yes, it's an Exo Terra Monsoon RS400 Rainfall, it's a misting system. I had it go on every 2 hours for 12 seconds on a timer with the rest of my lights for a 12 hour day. The water tanks last for weeks. I don't have it set on a timer anymore though, I just hit the on button when I see my tortoises out and turn it off until they're dripping wet, 4 to 7 times a day.
julietteq said:
Wauw! Is that a humidifyer? I have been looking into them. I think you may have the Exo Terra Monsoon RS400 Rainfall System ? If yes, can you tell me how often you have set it to spray and how long the watertank lasts?