My Leos Health

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Auburn, Alabama
So I have had my male Leopard Gecko for about 15 years now. About 3 days ago he started walking funny and holding his leg weird, so I called a friend of ours who is a zoo vet if he could help, and he did. We took him in to have his leg X-rayed, we suspected he had a fracture or either gout. Unfortunately he has Degenerative Arthritis in his shoulder and wrist. He is in so much pain he does not want to move, and only on Monday will we put him on pain meds and hope that they work for him. We have to keep an eye on him, the arthritis can be caused by a past injury or an infection, if it is an infection that will be harder to treat since it will also require antibiotics. If he does not improve he will probably have to be euthanized, which makes me very sad, I have had him for about 15 years, and he is still youngish, he is only 18 years of age at max, and they can live for about 28 years.

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
I'm sorry :( I hope he makes a speedy recovery or that the pain medications help.

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
Well he was doing fine, but he is not doing so well and it looks like euthanasia will have to be the choice here.

Status
Not open for further replies.