Chameleons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
IVe had chameleons before, and i got to say they are a lot of work. but they are fun to keep. Only thing is you need time. They arnt like most lizard, they tend to need a little more care. I had to get up an hour early every morning to do the "routine" and at night i had an hour routine. Just depends on how much effort you want to put in them. I say go with a lower maintenance lizard, crested geckos, bearded dragons, leopard geckos... those are easier to care for and still really fun to keep.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Millerlite said:
IVe had chameleons before, and i got to say they are a lot of work. but they are fun to keep. Only thing is you need time. They arnt like most lizard, they tend to need a little more care. I had to get up an hour early every morning to do the "routine" and at night i had an hour routine. Just depends on how much effort you want to put in them. I say go with a lower maintenance lizard, crested geckos, bearded dragons, leopard geckos... those are easier to care for and still really fun to keep.

No offense Miller, but I can't imagine what would take two hours a day, every day on a chameleon cage. The only daily maintenance I had with mine was putting some bugs in the feeding cup and refilling the 1 gallon reservoir on the drip system, if it needed it. I had all on mine in "aviary" style cages, so the poop dropped down through the grating and I changed the newspaper out once every week or two.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I didnt have a drain on my new enclosure, so i had to drain it every night (i had a misting system), i would say maybe not quite an hour before and after, but still maintenance that takes a little bit more time then most lizards ive owned. I use to have a drain system on my older enclosure, which cut my maintenance to refilling the misting system, and feeding (only morning stuff) and i cleaned my enclosure usually once a week.

armandoarturo

5 Year Member
Mexico
oh!
I have always wanted to have a couple of veiled chameleons!
I will get them next summer... I have always want them so badly!
its just that they are kind of rare where I live....
I guess Ill just order them at lllreptile and have them mailed to arizona... thats easier and cheaper :p
Or maybe just look up to adopt one... x)

anyone here with chameleon hatchery?

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
I would love to have a chameleon, but that's a dream that can't come true for several years when life gets a bit less hectic.

Almost bought one growing up, but it was like $25 for a baby and I was maybe 12 with obviously no job and no source of income. Parents never would have just given me the cash for it.

uilani104

5 Year Member
Hawaii
I love Jackson Chameleons! I had 23 when I was in elementary. I had a Johnson Chameleon that was pregnant and had 14 babies. I had a lot of fun raising them. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.