my lil leopard refuses to eat~advise pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrypin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jersey C.I.
hi i would just like to wish you the very best of luck with this poor little leopard,i know how sensitive to their environment they can be when small .i keep and breed leopards myself and got my first in 1996 as hatchlings..
terry

treshell

5 Year Member
More on 'Toto". My mother (83) Just talked to Dr. Ken. They got a stool sample. Turns out the poor little guy has 2 different Parasites. Mom did not get the name of parasites, but did find out they are water born. They came with him as our water tests show nothing and is basely as good or better then bottle water he said. Toto is still not eating. As a hatchling can they still do IV'a or sub-Q? Any other ideas? Needless to say we gave them permission to do anything they thought would work. I will also write the breeder and warn of the danger to his critters. This is a good reason for taking any new tortoise in when they first arrive. Again if I had more experience we would have taken him in right from the get go. Would have been such an easy thing to do. Randolph Churchill, (Winston's father) gave the original of this often used saying.
"If at first you don't succeed, shuffle up the cards and try again"
Treshell and sick baby Toto

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
There is a product called "Critical Care" put out by Oxbow Pet Products. Its ground up grasses, weeds and hay. You just mix it with water to make a thin paste and administer through a feeding tube. You can ask your vet to do this while Toto is under his care. I wouldn't try it yourself because he's just too tiny for you to mess with and its dangerous if you accidentally get it in the wrong place. When I had to do this I mixed in a little bit of Gerber sweet potatoes too. Because its ground up grasses and weeds, its part of his normal diet and won't be harmful to his system.

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.