My new Leopards Enclosure

taza

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cambridge, Ontario.Canada
Well I finished this morning. It was a armoire that I built several years ago, I wasn't using it anymore so out came my table saw.
I am using a concrete mixing bin inside to hold the substrate and moisture. Had to cut the lip off to fit inside. The substrate is coconut coir on the side the hide is, and jungle mix on the other side. I made a frame for the 24" UVB strip light mounted on the back wall.

I was wondering if I should put another heat emmitter over the hide
I have a extra one, or should I move the one in there over and put the basking light where the emmitter is now.

Any suggestions are very welcome!!!

Sandy

Attachments

• 20140318_122542.jpg
    20140318_122542.jpg
    747.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 20140318_122447.jpg
    20140318_122447.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 103

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Sandy:

That's a great idea, but I have to say that the chain really detracts from the overall look. For cryin' out loud...go to the hardware store and buy some smaller chain. That looks like your afraid your pit bull lights are going to jump outta' there.

As for the CHE question...have you measured the temperatures all over the floor of the habitat? The answer to that will determine if you need another CHE or not.

taza

5 Year Member
Cambridge, Ontario.Canada
Yvonne G said:
Hi Sandy:

That's a great idea, but I have to say that the chain really detracts from the overall look. For cryin' out loud...go to the hardware store and buy some smaller chain. That looks like your afraid your pit bull lights are going to jump outta' there.

As for the CHE question...have you measured the temperatures all over the floor of the habitat? The answer to that will determine if you need another CHE or not.

LOL! your right the chain is kinda big I had it here but I will get smaller stuff.

luke

5 Year Member
SoCal
Very cool enclosure! Enjoy it while you can, they grow pretty fast.