My new little baby Cherryhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
This is what my husband got me for our 16th wedding anniversary. I wasn't sure when Douglas Beard posted these little guys for sale if this is what I wanted or not so # 8 was already sold by the time I decided. This is # 1 and it is as cute as can be. She arrived yesterday and I'm already in love with this baby. She has such bright, beautiful color. My son Nathan was here when she was delivered. He was a very nervous 23 year old because he had to open the box and soak her for the 1st time and then he fed her. I have not picked out a name as of right now. Kind of want a name that's both female and male since I don't know what sex it is. Douglas said that she was born in September so that makes her 5 months old now. I do want to say that Douglas is so nice to talk to over the phone and has great information to share about his tortoises. I learned a lot from him in just the few phone calls that we had. Thanks again Douglas.

DSC00711.jpg

DSC00723.jpg

DSC00698.jpg

DSC00704.jpg

DSC00723.jpg

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Adorable!! Now that is my (Tim) kind of gift!! Congrats!!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
And then there were THREE!! Wow....she (he)'s beautiful! Congrats Candy. Now you have to make another enclosure....

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Thanks guys and yes now we have three of them. I thought you might want a friend for Pio Terry, I do think that Douglas (Elegans) has some more for sale. :D

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Oh my goodness I can't believe you're up to THREE! How wonderful :) It seems like just yesterday Dale was an only child *tear* ;)
You have to post pics of Dale and Ruby too, ya know!
Congrats on your new, adorable addition!

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
Awesome! I bet you won't stop here...I give it 1 year before you get another!:p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw-w-w-w...she/he's so cute!!

1806140izmwjnk6eb.gif

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Katie, I do have a video of Dale and Ruby that I'm going to be posting soon (don't want to take away from the baby's new pictures). :D

Abe the next one I get will be a bigger one for Dale. That will probably take a while since female Cherryheads that are 6 inches or more seem to be hard to find. And then that's it! I will have my herd of Redfoots and one day they will all be able to be together as one family (that's my dream anyway).

Yvonne, I was so surprised at your post it is sooooo cute! I love it! Thanks for welcoming the new baby so sweetly. :)

She (or he) came out today looking for more squash and was halfway on the plate eating (adorable). I love to watch them eat. I ran to get some mustard greens, but I don't think they were liked as much as the squash. :p

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Candy said:
Thanks guys and yes now we have three of them. I thought you might want a friend for Pio Terry, I do think that Douglas (Elegans) has some more for sale. :D

I might be getting one from someone in a few months, but it will be a while until Pio gets to meet this baby. LOL

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
O.K. Terry now that's just teasing. Now I'm curious where you're getting it from. PM me. :D Yeah actually I put Ruby with Dale as long as I'm watching her because she is too little to be left alone with him. :)

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I am glad to see that you are pleased with your new cherryhead. I really do love my redfoots as they are so outgoing and friendly. I am always excited during hatching season, but the work of keeping up with lots of baby tortoises can seem overwhelming at times. Happy Easter to all! Douglas

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Congratulations on your new baby! At first I thought this was the Ruby thread re-posted because I was sure you wouldn't have gotten yet another Cherryhead. ;)

You lucky girl...she's so tiny and delicate looking. :)

Keep us all informed of her progress! :D

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Sorry Stephanie I guess it was soon after getting Ruby so people might of thought that I was posting the same baby. :) I'll have to post pictures of Ruby and the little one together and show the difference in their size. :)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Congratulations on your new RF baby Candy. Its as adorable as one can be. :)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Thank you Bonnie and Matt and Robyn. Eddie (that's what I named him) is doing great. I put him in a bigger enclosure and he's roaming around and having a good time. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.