My New Turtle, Felix

Status
Not open for further replies.

hahahannah3

5 Year Member
Hi, im hannah, and i have just recently gotten a tortoise. im 16 but i dont yet have my license so i am limited to where i can go to buy supplies.
For my birthday, my parents go me a Leopard Tortoise. Im basiclly going off of Google on what to do. When i took Felix to the vet, he said that i should come to this website for any questions. but i need help on what type of bedding, food, tempeture, and anything that would help. please reply if you can. Thanks!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) Please read the last thread at the bottom of my post, by my signature. They are Toms and it is the best and correct way to raise your leopard. As for food, spring mix, kale, mustard greens, endive, hibiscus, dandelion, opituna cactus, Mazuri tortoise chow, clover, mulberry leaves, to get you started. You can also look of the tortoisetable.org for more edible items

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Hannah, and welcome to the Forum!!

I must say, I'm very impressed by your vet! You've come to the right place to learn how to care for your new baby.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
hahahannah3 said:
Hi, im hannah, and i have just recently gotten a tortoise. im 16 but i dont yet have my license so i am limited to where i can go to buy supplies.
For my birthday, my parents go me a Leopard Tortoise. Im basiclly going off of Google on what to do. When i took Felix to the vet, he said that i should come to this website for any questions. but i need help on what type of bedding, food, tempeture, and anything that would help. please reply if you can. Thanks!

Welcome! :) kudos to your vet! We need more vets like them!

Life is good

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Hannah it sounds like you have cool parents! After reading up on your new little guys care, try to include your dad in the process and I bet he would love to help you build an awesome enclosure. Welcome!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Re: RE: My New Turtle, Felix

Yvonne G said:
Hi Hannah, and welcome to the Forum!!

I must say, I'm very impressed by your vet! You've come to the right place to learn how to care for your new baby.

Glad to see you using your real name. L.O.L.

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
hello Hannah .... welcome to the forum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.