my now second mistake..

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyprettyrave

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
when i left today apparently Ophelia, fell into her pool on her back. right now i feel like the worst owner in the world, i fixed everything but now i feel concerned.

I was curios as to what people do when they leave the house, how much i should feed her and so on.. my work schedule for the weekend is eight hours and theres no one else to look after her. exactly what should i do?

M

Maggie Cummings

I feed everybody in the morning then they are on their own for the day. You need to fix whatever made her tip over because she could drown if her head is held under the water and if she's on her back under her basking light she could cook. So find out what is making her tip over and change that. Mostly after you fix that she will be fine...

quote='heyprettyrave' pid='137268' dateline='1275102360']
when i left today apparently Ophelia, fell into her pool on her back. right now i feel like the worst owner in the world, i fixed everything but now i feel concerned.

I was curios as to what people do when they leave the house, how much i should feed her and so on.. my work schedule for the weekend is eight hours and theres no one else to look after her. exactly what should i do?
[/quote]

heyprettyrave

5 Year Member
New York
yeah i did fix it, i had it at ground level (the pool) but i geuss somehow she fell into it. but i fixed everything now and made it all safe. how much food do you give?

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I feed my tortoises a pile of spring mix as big as their shell. If the younger kids are hungry again later in the day, I feed them the same amount again.

Status
Not open for further replies.