My Progressive Stock Tank Thread

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
Looking very good. What type of filter did you go with?
I have Laguana external canister filter... Yeah, they'd BETTER stay clean!... And a Beckett (they were rated so well!) 800g rated pump to go inside, since the filter is just that, it's a big tub with tubes attached.
Pump arrived Friday, and after reading instructions, I have to get some 'tube braceltes' which are those little metal things that stop leaks.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I was really, genuinely hoping I'd get them in there this weekend, but it obviously it didn't happen... when picture go up, then you'll now there are turtles living in the tub :D

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
okay i don't believe you:mad:! when is a turtle going to live in the tank?
Yes... I know many of you guys don't. But I can't convince you otherwise until you see it. So, unfortunately, you can just keep not believing me until it goes up. Sorry :)
EDIT- And :( because I know you guys want to see it... but I don't have it, so you start turning on me... oh well. Can't say anything for you.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Oh goody! We're almost done! Last night the filter and pump got connected, tubing got cut, and it was filled just enought to get it running and to make the seal didn't leak...
Which it did :( and so *in marches python siphon... unscrew the cap.... rescrew the cap... leaks again... and then we realized Rubbermaid didn't seal both plugs. :mad::D
So take 3, and no leaks, the pump works AMAZING, thank you ZEROPILOT :D
Now, the filter itself is not plugged it because it's going through the 'wet test', and later today I must check to see if there are any cracks in the ceramic casing holding the UV.
If it's good and fine, be filling it up MOAR and dumping in my granite (MIKE) fixing the platform (the hooks are way to long, thank you for suggesting DimandBacks4Life) and probably using twisties to do it.
Anywho, I'll get clearer (hopefully done...) picture with TURTLES tomorrow or tonight! :D:D:D
qqqqqqqq.jpg
ccccccc.jpg
Yes. It looks very bleh unfinished, but just hold on, and you'll get to see it ;)
After it's completed and the plants get in there, I'm going to make a thread titled 'Rubbermaid stock tank for sliders' for every single person like me who typed that into Google and got very little. I'll be step-by stepping, so if you want more infos, I'll let you know.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Expanding on that, I feel sort of bad for every large turtle owner who doesn't lurk here. You guys have been helping me with these sliders from the very first thread, and I don't think I ever would have made it here, to this stock tank, without you guys.
Thank you :D