My Red Foot's came in today

lichjen

5 Year Member
:tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort:

I officially own a tortoise! Ok, two - but one belongs to my son. I have two indoor enclosures as we don't have our own place -but when we do they will be out door (as it'll hardly get cold in Corpus Christi)

Their names are Gypsy and Tank (photos are in the photo area)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Awesome !!! Congratulation!!!! You will love the red foots they are so nosey .

lichjen

5 Year Member
I hope they sexed them right - I know it is hard to tell when they are young but, I still hope they are right - ya know

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Welcome to tortoise keeperdom!!! The exciting journey for you (and your son) is just beginning and will last a life time.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Have you soaked them and are they active and eating?

lichjen

5 Year Member
Yes I have soaked them - and even after travel they ate a little. Gypsy nommed her mater and some romaine and Tank nommed most of his lettuce. Going to throw away what they didn't eat today.

Change water and food daily - and change I have a little pooper scooper for them too LOL - and I offically put them on Iherp

lichjen

5 Year Member
They did good their first day - mine, Gypsy ate all her food - but did not go to the bathroom (that I saw)
When I went to turn the light off in Tanks cage *in my son's room* I saw he had defecated in the water so I changed it - I didn't notice if he had finished all the food as I was trying to be quiet - I didn't want to wake my boy. He is in love with his tortoise!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
lichjen said:
When I went to turn the light off in Tanks cage *in my son's room* I saw he had defecated in the water so I changed it - I didn't notice if he had finished all the food as I was trying to be quiet - I didn't want to wake my boy. He is in love with his tortoise!

Sweet! I hope he never loses that feeling for tortoises. Children like him are our future.

(don'tcha just hate it when your in a rush because you need to do something, but you think, "Oh, it will just take a second topost this little comment". So you quickly write it, hit send, and then you see it! That big glaring spelling mistake. You panic trying to correct it before your slow laptop makes the post (even though you know in your mind it's already too late). You move just wrong and... click. :( You have unplugged your laptop from it's power source and now it's dead and no time to reopen it. :( You go off and do what you have to, all the time thinking about that mistake and how stupid it is making you look. How with each passing minute, anther member reads it and is mentally laughing at you. Finally your back, laptop is turned on and you wait ... and wait for your laptop to boot up. Feels like forever for that single bar of connection to work it's slow magic. Then you rush in, find the post and quickly change the first "our" into an "are". *sigh* what a relief! Life is good again. ...or atleast until you spot that other mistake you made... :D :D )