My Redfoots are here!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
Yesterday was the day I picked up my Redfoots!!!! I spent almost 11 hours driving but it was SOOOOOO worth it!!!

These guys are awesome little beasts :) The trashed the enclosure in about 5 seconds flat, flipped the food dish upside down in the water dish and generally reeked havoc. It was hilarious. I think they were as glad as I was to be out of the car!

All three of these big babies are lucky to be alive and I feel blessed to have them with me.

KristinasPictures270.jpg

KristinasPictures271.jpg

KristinasPictures273.jpg

KristinasPictures274.jpg

KristinasPictures276.jpg

KristinasPictures277.jpg

I just love them!!!!

I'll have better pics of them in their outdoor enclosure either later today or tomorrow!

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Lucky guys. Looks they had a rough time but RFs are tough. They can trash an enclosure fast but they are so enduring who cares. They are in good hands now.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
You can't imagine how tough. They were abandoned in a basement for around 2 months, with no food, water, or heat, and then transported from that house in December without a box, blanket, or anything. I guess the vet kept them for a week, and had them tubed and everything.

It sickens me what tortoises go through. Like I have said before, if it had been a dog, or a cat, someone would be in jail. But nope, it is "just a reptile."

Anyway, I am glad they are here. I can't wait to post pics of them in the garden I made for them ;) They are more than welcome to trash that too, but they at LEAST have to wait until I get pictures, LOL!!!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Well, those look like some tough cookies, especially that middle one. I know it's just his deformed shell (like Taco's) but he looks like the neighborhood bouncer. Don't mess with him! He may not like it. ;)

Congratulations on your new "gang". :D

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Ohh it sounds like they've had such a rough life :( Poor guys.
How wonderful that they are in your care now :) They are very fortunate!
Names?

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I love them to death already, they are such piggies :) They had a big meal of spring mix, portabellas, zucchini, summer squash, sweet potato and a bit of mazuri. Talk about chow hounds :)

I was going to call them Amara, Zarina, and Marco, but I have to change the "boys" name to something more feminine. Haven't made up my mind yet :)

flyinghome said:
be careful of the black cat, he may hurt the tortoise!

I highly doubt it, especially not with me 6" away. I have pictures of my cats basking under my Sulcata's heat lamps, I have seen a tortoise bite a cat (it was actually quite amusing, the tail was involved) but not the other way around. I have had tortoises longer than the cats, the cats are used to them.

If it was a hatchling I might worry, but my cats are not going to hurt an 11" tortoise.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
fhintz said:
Redfoots don't trash . they redecorate! They are little interior designers.

I need to remember that one!:D

:) Sounds like you all survived the trip. Sounds like they are pretty typical RFs already settling in and chowing down. Very nice!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Well they sure found themselves a good home Kristina, lucky you. :D They certainly don't look like they've been underfed by any means. They are some big Redfoots. :) Congratulations being in the Redfoot family now. ;)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
kyryah said:
And full of **** and vinegar, lol.

That's because of all the water they drink. :p Of course, by now I would have thought you would have scared it all out of them. :D :D

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
OMG, LMAO.... Scary, scary me :)

I tell you, honestly, I get MOBBED by animals when I walk in the house after being gone. Absolutely mobbed. Even my goldfish recognize my voice and go crazy. They can flop water a good four feet across the house, lol.

Benefits of being the food goddess, I guess :)

Last night I got home from work, flopped down in the chair and within 2 seconds had three cats in my lap, licking me.... David said Marley, our oldest cat, hadn't moved in an hour and she heard the car pull in and charged the door, lol.

It is great to be loved, even if it is only for my kibble....

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Kristina, it's great to have another Redfoot owner on here. They might have had a poor start, but they're home now. Congrats...

Status
Not open for further replies.