My russian tortoise only eats brocolli!!!

Alex and the Redfoot

Location (City and/or State)
Cyprus
i meant like does it have to be a tube one or is a round one okay?
But this dome fixture can be used for the basking zone (a combination of a basking lamp and ceramic heat emitter or basking lamp and LED ambient bulb).
If your room is 65-70F in the coldest months - you won't need ambiebt heating (ceramic heat emitters). If you can keep you tortoise outside (or sunbath) most time of the year and brumate it in winter - you won't need a UVB lamp. But you will need a spare fridge :)

Vanillukit

Appleton WI
Are you able to set up in a room the cats can be shut off from?
the issue is it was uncovered for a while but then my cat figured out what the heat lamp was and decided it was time to snuggle with carrot. she never showed signs of stress and she would sleep right by him but i wanted to make sure she wasn’t being stressed out so we covered it.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
You can use a cover like greenhouse top or build a frame (from wood or PVC pipes) with mesh screens. While covered enclosure is not required for Russian tortoises, it's still can be beneficial for keeping temperatures and humidity suitable for tortoise and saving a bit on electricity bills. And keep cats out as a bonus.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
You can use a cover like greenhouse top or build a frame (from wood or PVC pipes) with mesh screens. While covered enclosure is not required for Russian tortoises, it's still can be beneficial for keeping temperatures and humidity suitable for tortoise and saving a bit on electricity bills. And keep cats out as a bonus.
Yeah something like this would be ideal, if humidity is too high in there, open up the top but hopefully it’ll be at an angel to keep the cats from getting in

Vanillukit

Appleton WI
Yeah something like this would be ideal, if humidity is too high in there, open up the top but hopefully it’ll be at an angel to keep the cats from getting in
thank you! i’ll look into that and come back to this if i have more questions, you and Alex have been so helpful and understanding!! thank you so much.