Tmwilson47

Location (City and/or State)
Medford, Oregon
My husband's sweet baby shell boy roughly 12-13yrs Russian tortoise
was attacked this morning saturday July 20th, 2024. My mom's dog busted through the gate and did quite a bit of damage and almost killed the poor guy. We are unable to get into the vet for him to be seen until monday 😢😢💔 Is there anything I can do to help him in the meantime? I washed him well under warm water and I applied silver cream to him to help aid healing.He was active and walking around which gives me hope. But poor guy is banged up 😢😢

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240720-211637_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240720-211637_Gallery.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1

Alex and the Redfoot

Location (City and/or State)
Cyprus
My husband's sweet baby shell boy roughly 12-13yrs Russian tortoise
was attacked this morning saturday July 20th, 2024. My mom's dog busted through the gate and did quite a bit of damage and almost killed the poor guy. We are unable to get into the vet for him to be seen until monday 😢😢💔 Is there anything I can do to help him in the meantime? I washed him well under warm water and I applied silver cream to him to help aid healing.He was active and walking around which gives me hope. But poor guy is banged up 😢😢
Hello!

I'm sorry that happened. Some "first aid" actions are: flush the wounds with clean water, then clean them with Chlorhexadine solution (dilluted to 0.05%) and apply antibiotic ointment (triple-action creme like Neosporin). Help tortoise to stay hydrated by shallow soaks, if possible. Keep him inside to prevent contamination of the wounds (especially flies). You've done things right, I hope he will be okay.