Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
UPDATE----Wednesday july 24th. I took little dude in yesterday morning to the vet. I foundout he isn't 12yrs-13yrs as we originally thought. Tortuga aka Toogy (too-ghee) is 20yrs old! And weighs a whole 12oz like a can of soda lol. He was thoroughly examined and given a shot to help boost his immune system and nutrition. Poor little guy has been hiding in his little cave in his enclosure since Saturday and refusing to eat 😢 The vet said he is expected to heal but it will take awhile. Meanwhile keep him hydrated, offer greens, and I can continue his daily warm soaks and doing the silver cream on his front legs. Thank you everybody so much for all your helpful advice and comforting words and we'll wishes during this ordeal. We are just thankful mr.toogy/toogs is gonna be alright 💖 I went to the store and got him some romaine, collard greens, diced a small strawberry and got him his favorite (cucumber) and added tortoise sprinkle dust on top aka toogy sprinkles lol. Trying to entice him to eat something. Happy to report little dude snacked down like a little shell piranha 💫💫💖 super excited to see him eating.
Thank you for the update! There’s no way to officially age a tortoise to the year without a hatch date, was he chipped or something that had the information? May I ask what kind of shot it was? Was it a vitamin injection?

Aw I’m glad he’s eaten! I understand wanting to give him a little treat after when he’s been through, but I’d stop any fruit altogether once he’s eating fine for you😊