I got a new star tort.
Do comment on the pics!
I wish Josh could let me add pics in the calendar now too! :p

4037873330_88c5d7bd3e_o.jpg

4037873328_1b43429cfc_o.jpg

4037873326_d730b0abba_o.jpg

Vote For Me In The Calendar Please!!
I Badly Want to Prove Myself !!!..
Puhleeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!Thank You!

I named it Cheek.
I Love You Cheeeeekk!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Well, I DO have to admit that your Star is mighty cute!! Interesting that you were able to get so many shots with the mouth open. This worries me a little, as I'm wondering if the little guy might have a respiratory infection and is having trouble breathing.

Do you know how old Cheek is?

Yvonne

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
That was my question too----why is he displaying that behavior?

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
What cute pictures!! How did you manage to get some many pictures of his mouth wide open?!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
My thoughts are like Yvonnes..Very nice looking tort, but why the open mouth? Just lucky shots? Or does he do this a lot? Definately something to keep an eye on..

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Okay looks like we are have the same worry about his open mouth. Saw more examples of that in this one thread, then I think I see in a year. Hope it's just something he does and not an indicator of troubles.

The pictures are great however. You have nothing to prove to us, just to your tortoise...and yourself. Looks like your working on that even by just being here, If you don't get in this years contest, do it again next year. I think you have a good chance.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Cute! I've only got two pictures with my tort's mouth open, ever, and that was trying really hard. Hope he isn't having any issues. Please report back with more information. Best wishes.

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
Cheek is adorable!!! Please let us know if you were very lucky to get him yawning or if there could be something wrong!

jhaparth2006

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Well, I DO have to admit that your Star is mighty cute!! Interesting that you were able to get so many shots with the mouth open. This worries me a little, as I'm wondering if the little guy might have a respiratory infection and is having trouble breathing.

Do you know how old Cheek is?

Yvonne

Om My you think too much!
These all pics were which i took while feeding!
I just edited the places where okra was visible!
I was feeding him with my hand and with the camera on the other hand!
He rarely opens his mouth when he is not eating!

tortoisenerd said:
Cute! I've only got two pictures with my tort's mouth open, ever, and that was trying really hard. Hope he isn't having any issues. Please report back with more information. Best wishes.

Hi,
These are shots when i was feeding him!I made him do that.He eats from my own hands very often..so when he used to open his mouth for large chunks of food i just clicked the pic..and i edited the pieces oh okra which were in his mouth already..you will be shocked if i show you the original pics..i am a good photographer..and a good editor too..i will think about showing you all the original pics..

Laura said:
My thoughts are like Yvonnes..Very nice looking tort, but why the open mouth? Just lucky shots? Or does he do this a lot? Definately something to keep an eye on..

There you go!
The original pics!!

4038540663_6b9d616941_o.jpg

4038540667_03131dc8c9_o.jpg

4038540661_c55cdc87a3_o.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Great pictures. You are very talented. Sorry about the mistake! In the first group of pictures, the second shot needs some sort of caption alluding to the attack turtle! Now that I know he's not sick, I can appreciate the pictures better!!

Yvonne

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Wow I would have never guessed they were edited! Awesome, and happy to hear no issues. I will have to keep that in mind if I ever want the "Roar" picture. Those are truly amazing pictures. Wish I had that kind of talent. Best wishes.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
LOL. tricky with photoshop, are you?
He looks like a little gozzilla. Very cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.