My sulcata enclosure.

Luvziggy

This is my sulcata enclosure. It is open I am not sure how to keep the humidity up. Does anyone have suggestions? I keep him outside all day I put him in at night and on cold winter days. I usually have a heat lamp on but I had to use it for baby's chicks for a days or so until I can get their own. I have a heating pad under the uvb light. I live in the country so I feed lots of different weeks and flowers mixed with the food I order from the turtle source where I bought him.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1468536388.372495.jpg

ErinandSheldon

!!Make sure the humidity is up because you want to prevent pyramiding, like I said previously most it with water!!

Alexio

Location (City and/or State)
Syracuse, New York
You are sadly never going to achieve any type of significant humidity with your enclosure being as open as it is. You need to cover the sides and the top to trap the warm moist air inside the enclosure. Without a cover it's just rising and escaping into the room.
I would also unplug the heat mat if your not using a thermostat. A heat mat that's not being regulated typically runs around 120 degrees or more and could burn your tortoise. You said it's under a carpet? Do you mean like a normal goes on the floor carpet? Or the stuff that comes in rolls from the petstore? Either way it's potentially a fire hazard and heat mats should only be used with a thermostat and never inside the enclosure.

Luvziggy

Thanks I'm going to fence in some of my property and keep him outside year around I will have him a heated house. This is temporary and like I said he stays outside from early morning until right before dark I go get him. The stuff I read before I got him said no glass tanks and dry open enclosure, I see that's all wrong now. So all these tortoise tables aren't good? That's what I had him in at first.