my tort table what do u guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marty_the_lemur

5 Year Member
what do you think?

i built this for my little one jw what you guys think of it?

Attachments

• table.jpg
    table.jpg
    759.7 KB · Views: 255

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
That's nice (and welcome to the Forum!!). I like the second story. Have you seen the baby go up the ramp? What are you growing in the tray?

That's funny...I could see the picture when I responded, but now I can't see it anymore. Lucky for us Marty made two posts the same, so I just merged them. The picture still shows up in the second one.

nataliaxx3

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
Is his hide underneath the ramp/2nd story? Very nice enclosure! I am also curious as to what is growing in there!

marty_the_lemur

5 Year Member
haha thx i did not think my first one posted so i made another :p but yea i had to put a shirt on the ramp so he could get up i'll find something better than a shirt soon. he likes to go up there and sleep. and im growing some grass i bought online. suppose to be a "dessert blend" just looks like grass to me but he likes it :)

marty_the_lemur

5 Year Member
nataliaxx3 said:
Is his hide underneath the ramp/2nd story? Very nice enclosure! I am also curious as to what is growing in there!

yes its a hide under there. i put a paint tray in there with some jungle mix stuff so he can go in easy and dig down some if he wants to.

LongislandPhan

5 Year Member
Nice Job! I've always liked two layered enclosures however you should definitely put up some kind of railing to prevent him from falling off the left side of the ramp. He could fall and get seriously hurt or worse..Aside from that though It looks great and im sure he'll love it

marty_the_lemur

5 Year Member
LongislandPhan said:
Nice Job! I've always liked two layered enclosures however you should definitely put up some kind of railing to prevent him from falling off the left side of the ramp. He could fall and get seriously hurt or worse..Aside from that though It looks great and im sure he'll love it

so far hes doing fine he likes to go to the right whe he goes up then gets stuck -_- so i put something on that side but yea i can add a little to the other side too.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
One idea for the ramp is indoor/outdoor carpet. Or that fake grass.
I use thin pieces of wood used, every 1/2 inch or so (lath, popsicle sticks), sort of like a ladder. I also find that placing anti skid strips between the wood pieces also provides traction and helps trim toenails.
http://www.findtape.com/product170/ISC-Non-Skid-Anti-Slip-Tape.aspx I found this at ACE hardware, purchase by the foot.

Does the reptile bark hold enough moisture? perhaps mixing with coir?

you could also plop a spider plant in the middle of the lower level, right in its pot, for interest.

A few tweaks, but you have done a really nice job!

marty_the_lemur

5 Year Member
lynnedit said:
One idea for the ramp is indoor/outdoor carpet. Or that fake grass.
I use thin pieces of wood used, every 1/2 inch or so (lath, popsicle sticks), sort of like a ladder. I also find that placing anti skid strips between the wood pieces also provides traction and helps trim toenails.
http://www.findtape.com/product170/ISC-Non-Skid-Anti-Slip-Tape.aspx I found this at ACE hardware, purchase by the foot.

Does the reptile bark hold enough moisture? perhaps mixing with coir?

you could also plop a spider plant in the middle of the lower level, right in its pot, for interest.

A few tweaks, but you have done a really nice job!

Thank you :) I do plan to do something bout the ramp when I get time but thanks for the good ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.