my Tort table..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeEuGi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Hey all, im building a tort table and need some questions answered...

1st of all i have a 4x2x2 cage i had a BRazilian Rainbow boa in... she passed away and i will be using that for my tortoise, i know way to high, but for now ill make it work...

so the flore will be 4x2, i have a tough shower linner im going to use to line the bottom, but even if water comes through, its melamine, so water wont hurt it..

i want to clean it again, since my snake passed in it, i already cleaned it out once with hot soapy water/ and a little bleach... after that i will start building...

i want to put some plants in there... what are some good ones i can use, i searched but it is hard for me to trust the internet..

also could i use potting soil for substrate? or should i stick with cypress multch?

thanks guys!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would stick to the potting soil. But make sure it is organic. Also, check out the tortoise table.org for safe plants that you could plant. Also, with summer and warmer weather very near, be sure to have an outdoor enclosure for him/her. The best place for them when weather permits is out in the good old sunshine.:D. Sorry to hear about your sanke passing, that sucks:(

DeEuGi

5 Year Member
Ohio
wellington said:
I would stick to the potting soil. But make sure it is organic. Also, check out the tortoise table.org for safe plants that you could plant. Also, with summer and warmer weather very near, be sure to have an outdoor enclosure for him/her. The best place for them when weather permits is out in the good old sunshine.:D. Sorry to hear about your sanke passing, that sucks:(

Thanks, it hurt alot, it as a BEAUTIFUL brazillian rainbow boa... but nature took its course...

i will check out the website you gave me and get some potting soil to use.

he will get an outside enclosure too, but hes only about 1.5 inches long, scared to take him outside. lol

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Be sure to post pics!
There are some good pics of fairly secure outdoor enclosures under Housing, so make sure to scroll through. They do love being outside.

DeEuGi

5 Year Member
Ohio
i will.. i already did a little bit, but i will do more looking today!

DeEuGi

5 Year Member
Ohio
got my potting soil, its MIrical Grow organtic potting soil. i will get some pics posted later, i will also have a 2nd little teir in the tank/table too.

DeEuGi

5 Year Member
Ohio
here are some pics!!

Blastoiseround25-Copy.jpg

Blastoiseround24.jpg

Blastoiseround28.jpg

Blastoiseround29.jpg

Blastoiseround214.jpg

just a few, more building and tinkering to do. temps seem fine and right on!

comments welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.