My tortoise house

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hi @Adzlan and welcome to the forum. :)

I think that the enclosure is far too small. Once thing I tell new members about enclosures is: torts are used to roaming around in the wild without boundaries. ;) Therefore, the larger the enclosure, the better. And please allow me to point out that transparent enclosures may cause stress for the tort: he/she may keep trying to get out of it. :(

Read the "Beginners Mistakes" Thread.

What species is your tort? Any pics of him/her? ;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

It looks very nice. What species of tortoise lives in there? It's always helpful when the member includes the tortoise in the enclosure in the picture, that way we can compare the size of the tortoise with the enclosure.

OOPS!! Sorry! I now see the two little sulcatas. That's a good size for two baby tortoises, but keeping tortoises in pairs isn't a good idea.

Last edited:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Very nice - I'm guessing it's a tiny tort to fit in the little hides.
Would love to see pics of him enjoying his home.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
From what I could tell, you have two small sulcatas in there. Tortoises don't do good in pairs. One will dominate over the other making it sick or worse. For now, keep a very close eye on them for any type of bullying. Like one not letting the other eat, drink, use a hide or always being in its way. In the mean time start working on another enclosure. Not living in pairs stands true for most any species,

Adzlan

Hi @Adzlan and welcome to the forum. :)

I think that the enclosure is far too small. Once thing I tell new members about enclosures is: torts are used to roaming around in the wild without boundaries. ;) Therefore, the larger the enclosure, the better. And please allow me to point out that transparent enclosures may cause stress for the tort: he/she may keep trying to get out of it. :(

Read the "Beginners Mistakes" Thread.

What species is your tort? Any pics of him/her? ;)
Hi gillian, that is 6feet long enclosure,i cover the glass tank with cardboard when im not at home, it just for me easy to see where they are, its been month they not try walk trough that glass, they okay with that , and they are just 4inch and 3 inch, 2 baby sulcata

Adzlan

It looks very nice. What species of tortoise lives in there? It's always helpful when the member includes the tortoise in the enclosure in the picture, that way we can compare the size of the tortoise with the enclosure.
Its baby sulcata yvone and thanks

Adzlan

From what I could tell, you have two small sulcatas in there. Tortoises don't do good in pairs. One will dominate over the other making it sick or worse. For now, keep a very close eye on them for any type of bullying. Like one not letting the other eat, drink, use a hide or always being in its way. In the mean time start working on another enclosure. Not living in pairs stands true for most any species,
Hi wellington, yup pairs of them, they have big space and alot of hiding space i put in there, so they will not bullying each other for hiding space, they eat well, share all together all good since i got them 3 months ago, one is almost 5 month and one is almost 4 months

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
It looks great and is not "far to small" for now. You will need to separate in the future though. These guys can grow faster the people think.

Adzlan

I read many thread about baby sulcata in this forum, even before i got them i prepared by reading different forum, and yup still reading and learning,if any suggestion for that would be great and its my pleasure for the knowledge all of u guys share with me

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Mine is just over 2 and is 8 and 1/2 pounds. I will tell you that if these guys are raised right at 1 they both won't work in that enclosure.

aneta

helloooo! where did You buy the round ,,igloo"on the left side on the picture ,is it from coconut shell??mahalo

Adzlan

Mine is just over 2 and is 8 and 1/2 pounds. I will tell you that if these guys are raised right at 1 they both won't work in that enclosure.
Yup if they get bigger will put in my lawn, this just for temporary because they are still baby, not even one year, plus i can put cupboard to seperate them, as for know they have their own spot where each of them will always hide and sleep at one place each

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
You could put some site barriers in there. And some plants. That way they couldn't see from one into the other and it would feel bigger to them and they can hide from each other. And you could always feed them in a couple different places. They are very cute.