My tortoise is missing

laura.t

Location (City and/or State)
Italy
thumbnail_image1.jpg thumbnail_image2.jpg thumbnail_image3.jpg Hi, I'm new here.
I have (or had) 2 tortoises, about 5 years old. Not sure what species they are since they were gifted to me and there isn't a reptile vet near where I live. Here's the reason I'm writing here.. I live in an apartment condo so when the weather is good I let my tortoises out on the balcony to walk around. Yesterday I left them unsupervised for about 20 minutes and now one of them is missing. She was always quite curious and tried many time to get inside the house to explore so I thought that was the case this time as well but I can't find her anywhere inside. The only spot in the balcony she could have fell from is normally blocked by a plant vase, but my mom said she moved it when she cleaned and she's not sure she put it back. Is it possible my tortoise fell from there and survived (we're on the second floor)? I tried to look for her in the condo garden but I can't find her there either. We have some small crows in the area and I'm very worried about my girl. But she was 12cm long and weighted around 300g so could a bird even lift her?
I can't find her and I don't know what to do. Any advices?

BnZ5JZr
BWUtxej
ruHaygj

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Crows work in teams to flip the :tort: & then kill it. A second story fall is surviveable but a lot of factors come into play. I would not give up, ifyou didn't see a dead :tort: on the ground then possible. Keep looking in the house, they hide really good.

laura.t

Italy
Thank you, I found her walking around the living room this morning. I have no idea where she was since I really looked everywhere and under every piece of furniture. So relieved she’s okay and back with the other one. Worst two days of my life lol

MPappagallo

Myrtle Beach, SC
Thank you, I found her walking around the living room this morning. I have no idea where she was since I really looked everywhere and under every piece of furniture. So relieved she’s okay and back with the other one. Worst two days of my life lol
So happy you found your missing tortoise. :)