my tortoise is not eating much

Location (City and/or State)
gills green
the tortoises do not bully each other they sleep together and are quite friendly also it is a uvb exo terra 100 watt bulb the bigger tortoise is the one who is not eating

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Laying together, following each other, getting on top of food, these are all signs of bullying. Tortoises are solitary animals, they don't like company nor do they want company. I would separate them ASAP and see if the appetite improves first, give it a little time. If you are going to keep them together, you need a herd of 3 or more and this still does not mean they will get along. If you don't separate them, the one could get sick and die.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
everything is fine I didn't need to separate them I think they just needed to settle in thanks guys

You still need to separate them. They are not friends, and even if they are siblings, they don’t know that or care. These are highly territorial animals that should not be kept in pairs because it’s highly stressful for both. In pairs, there’s always a dominant and subordinate. The dominant is stressed because it can’t get the intruder out of it’s territory, and the other is stressed because it’s constantly being bullied.

Why do you want to keep them together?