My tortoise isn’t drinking water

PoptartTheTort

Location (City and/or State)
Kansas
My tortoise isn’t drinking any water, I soak her almost every day and she eats watery food, she just won’t touch her water at all. How do I get her to drink water? What’s wrong?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    768.7 KB · Views: 1

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Hello there! Poptart is SO cute!! How old is she?🥰

It might be you’re just missing the moments she’s getting a quick drink? Either way, as long as you’re doing daily soaks and your humidity is where it should be, coupled with the natural liquids in their diet, they should be adequately hydrated🙂and always have fresh water available👍

I don’t suppose you’d mind sharing some info on how you’re keeping them? It’s so good to know with new members, a photo of your full set up would be great!😊

What are your temperatures like?

Your humidity levels?

What kind of lighting/heating are you using?

Indoor uv? If so what kind?

Is that coco coir substrate?

How’s their diet been with you? I have a great list of stuff we personally feed ours if you’d like some ideas for variety! I’m always on the look out for additions, so feel free to share yours😁

PoptartTheTort

Kansas
Hello there! Poptart is SO cute!! How old is she?🥰

It might be you’re just missing the moments she’s getting a quick drink? Either way, as long as you’re doing daily soaks and your humidity is where it should be, coupled with the natural liquids in their diet, they should be adequately hydrated🙂and always have fresh water available👍

I don’t suppose you’d mind sharing some info on how you’re keeping them? It’s so good to know with new members, a photo of your full set up would be great!😊

What are your temperatures like?

Your humidity levels?

What kind of lighting/heating are you using?

Indoor uv? If so what kind?

Is that coco coir substrate?

How’s their diet been with you? I have a great list of stuff we personally feed ours if you’d like some ideas for variety! I’m always on the look out for additions, so feel free to share yours😁
That could be true. For your questions, my daytime temperatures in the enclosure are normally around 80 degrees Fahrenheit, nighttime is around 72-ish I’d say, as I do have a cherry head (basically a smaller red foot)

For humidity levels, they are around 80 all the time, and I use a humidifier, as all my mist sprayers I buy for some reason just break. If I wanted to spray the enclosure, I just use my spray bottle and fill it with water.

For heating and lighting, I use Fluker’s 100 watt basking bulb, along with the light on my ceiling.

I honestly forget what brand of UV light I use, I got it at PetSmart I’m pretty sure.

It’s coconut fiber substrate, I do use coco coir substrate a lot though, in the picture, it’s probably coco coir substrate. I feed her tomato, watermelon, lettuce, and sometimes some cabbage. However, just recently about a week ago, she started being much more picky, not even touching her cabbage or carrots. She doesn’t even eat much of her watermelon anymore, and she usually eats almost if not all of it. I do always make sure to sprinkle calcium on her food though.

By the way, I recently moved her into my big closet (It’s nothing to worry about, it’s basically a small version of my bedroom.) Thought I’d mention it here. Oh, and in the picture below, the spot where some objects are placed on top of is where her hide is. 🐢

Attachments

• IMG_1221.jpeg
    IMG_1221.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0