My Tortoise Table...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
Oh, never you mind. Posting pictures is definitely what we live for.
You can post random pics in 'photos', if they are pics of just general stuff or a cute pic of your tort.
If they are pics of your enclosure, then add to this thread, or start a new one (not a bad idea fter they get long), in the enclosure section. That way in the future, people can look through the enclosure thread and those pics are all in one place.
Post as MANY pics as you like.

Honey

5 Year Member
Springfield, MO
Thank you, lynnedit - I'm so new, and I'm striving to be an active, educated, helpful member. The last thing I would want to do is to annoy valuable members of this forum! Raising my Sheldon would have been quite a bit different and not in good ways had it not been for me stumbling across threads here. I was able to make the right moves hopefully in the right amount of time for the best outcome for my Sulcata. I'm stubborn, but willing to tweak things daily for him to try and get it just right. I've spent the last 6 months trying to prove to Sheldon that I'll keep at it until I get it right. And much to my delight, he's (stop me if you've heard this one) starting to come out of his shell a bit. We're getting each other figured out, and though I've adored him since I first laid eyes on him - he's starting to like me.
:p

I've taken photos each time I made a change - no matter how minor - to his enclosure. I've taken photos each time I change Sheldon's diet, humidity, heat, substrate, soaks, etc. I want to see the evolution of his time with me through images (as well as a written journal). It would be invaluable for a vet visit, but I'm mainly doing it to be able to give it all to my son when Sheldon is passed to him. I think it would be so fun for him to share with his future kiddo/s what life with Sheldon has been like since his childhood.

I read through many other turtle and tortoise forums for info, too. 6 months of learning, searching, and researching led towards me wanting to become a member here, and here only. I've learned things here that completely contradict what some personal websites put out there. Ahhck!! Some of the info out there is NOT right, and heeding that same info could severely harm our precious turtles and tortoises! I know that I am not as well versed as SO many members here are - but I know that I'm surely just as passionate about proper husbandry and the adoration for our shelled friends as those experts are. <3 I want to one day be considered one of the 'good people' to ask or take offered info/advice from.

:rolleyes::::Stepping off my soap box::::rolleyes:

I'll stop carrying on, but I'll leave you with this... he is *in* his enclosure, so it count's right? ;):
Dinner2.jpg

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
It is a nice enclosure and I think the twigs will be good to help with traction up and down the ramp. I have used popsicle sticks in the past when I had a ramp for hatchlings but the twigs will look more natural...

Honey

5 Year Member
Springfield, MO

Honey

5 Year Member
Springfield, MO
;) I think I found a picture of one of your ramps in a thread you posted about your Russians. It looked really pretty - and I was sure the ramp was the non-skid tape and wood that you mentioned. Do your Russians use the ramp? How long did it take them to try it out when they first were introduced to it? My little Sheldon hasn't been on his top level yet - save once that I put him there to check it out.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I was reading your reply on another post about your sulcata not wanting anything to do with the ramp and not wanted to intrude on the OP I figured I would reply here.

In the past, if one of my sulcata's did not want to use the ramp, I would build a cover for the ramp and turn it into a tunnel. For some reason they like going into the dark tunnel and after they were use to it I would take the top off and they would continue to go up the ramp.

Honey

5 Year Member
Springfield, MO
Oooh!! A tort-tunnel! :) That is a great idea!!! It wouldn't be too hard to add to the table either. Now you've got my brain imagining how to create a covered walk-way... trellis, or tunnel. Hmmmm - this is a fun idea. Thanks a ton for sharing it - I really dig getting tips, tricks, and advice from other Sulcata owners on what's worked well for them.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.