Tortoise table set up

Babypetch

hi everyone, I got my little horsfield blastoise 5 days ago and I got him with a viv which I know is bad but my tortoise table is on the way! So at the moment in his Viv he has a 40w heat/light bulb and a uv strip bulb, to save money etc I really would like to be able to transfer these bulbs to his table. The table comes with a place for the heat/light bulb to go and a place for a coil uvb bulb which I don't want to use as I know these can be bad for their eyes, I really want to keep my strip bulb but I literally have no idea how to put it in the table, the table comes with a mesh roof but I was wondering how people put the uv strips in a tortoise table with a roof, also I don't want a mvb bulb as I'm worried I won't be able to control the temperature of this with a thermostat as at the moment his heat is controlled with a thermostat as before I got it the temperature was reading over 40c! Someone help I will upload a pic of the table I have got him, many thanks x

Babypetch

This is him and his soon to be new tortoise table, all advice would be great x

image.png image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
i wouldn't use the coil shaped bulb. Also, it's going to be very hard to keep that whole table warm enough with the lights in the middle and the two ends covered up.

Babypetch

Could I use something like this to hold the uv strip bulb?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    253.9 KB · Views: 9