My Turtles

barroncourtney45

5 Year Member
My name is Courtney Barron and I am from McKinney Texas. I Currently have 1 turtle. I had 2 turtles but as of Friday I lowered down to 1. My second turtle passed away on friday. ( 3 days ago ) The turtle that passed away was named Bubbles. She was a Tiny Red Eared Slider. She was about a inch big. I loved her so much and miss her already.:( My turtle i still have is named Bud. He is a Eastern Box Turtle and is just as happy as could be. :)

Attachments

• 20131104_190213.jpg
    20131104_190213.jpg
    914.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 20131101_161820.jpg
    20131101_161820.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 147

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). So, so sorry for your loss. She was a cutie. Your boxie is very nice looking too.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Welcome Courtney. Sorry about the loss :( but I wanted to inform you that you have a female ornate box turtle. They are native to Texas and yours looks healthy and very beautiful!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
If you post pictures of your enclosure and lighting for your box turtle people will help you fix anything that could be wrong. Welcome and sorry for your loss .

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Courtney, and welcome to the forum!

I'm so very sorry that you lost Bubbles. They can sure worm their way into your heart.

I hope you're not keeping your female ornate box turtle in that Critter Carrier that she's posed on top of. That is nowhere near big enough for an adult turtle. She should be living either outdoors, or in a nicely planted indoor habitat similar (but bigger than) to this:

10-25-13_zps129b49a3.jpg

barroncourtney45

5 Year Member
Thank you. Nooo no no i am not. That was Bubbles Carrier. I am keeping Bud in a 3 ft long rubbermaid container currently. I am working on making a Tortoise table for him. I thought Bud was a eastern box turtle and male. I got him in oklahoma and i looked up online about him and they said that if the turtle has red eyes then it is a male and if it has brown/yellow eyes it is a female. Bud has red eyes.

Yvonne G said:
Hi Courtney, and welcome to the forum!

I'm so very sorry that you lost Bubbles. They can sure worm their way into your heart.

I hope you're not keeping your female ornate box turtle in that Critter Carrier that she's posed on top of. That is nowhere near big enough for an adult turtle. She should be living either outdoors, or in a nicely planted indoor habitat similar (but bigger than) to this:

10-25-13_zps129b49a3.jpg

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Provide some bottom shots of the tail/Backfeet area and I will confirm the sex for you.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Looks like a female and I can't tell from the angle of the pic of the underside. Is it flat or concave?

I have one too and she is also from Oklahoma. ImageUploadedByTortForum1383778287.684731.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That is a little female tail. A female ornata ornata, NOT an eastern.