Name Ideas please

Yevo

Location (City and/or State)
Evergreen, Colorado
Hello I am getting a russian tort in the spring next year And I need naming ideas. I do not know if it's going to be female or male but I need some ideas

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Hello I am getting a russian tort in the spring next year And I need naming ideas. I do not know if it's going to be female or male but I need some ideas
Just wait until you receive it, and after a few days a name will come to you to fit its personality. If you pick one now , you may change your mine.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I agree - wait and see what his/her personality and features are.
Will it be a baby or are you adopting an older tort?
If it's a baby then it will be a few years before you can tell if it's male or female - so think of unisex names.
This is the caresheet you need which will help you make sure you provide everything he needs
- it's better for the tort if you have everything set up before he arrives.
Ask as many questions as you like.
Pet stores know little about tort care and will often sell unsuitable and unsafe equipment just for the profit, but members here can make sure you don't waste money on anything that could be harmful to the tort and get the correct heating and lighting etc. from the start.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I've always liked giving my animals names that fit their home range. A name that might be a human name in that particular country.
That said. I have around 2 dozen pets and only 2 have names. The others are are numbers and then there's THE BIG PINK FISH.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I named my little Russian Sapphire because he's a pretty little rock most of the time 😁🐢 or maybe I should have named him monkey man or Houdini because he's like that too sometimes 😁 it's usually if I'm not looking though. I just find him in a predicament I have to save him from 😉

jcklein

Minneapolis
Congrats on the new addition! Sputnik is such a fun name. Love the idea of giving it a Russian name. Other Russian ideas: Alexai, Boris, Sergei, Dimitri, Sasha, Nikolai, Ivan.

Or you could pick a funny, punny name like Donnashello, Shelly, Shelldon, Tortellini, Turt Reynolds, etc.

Other ideas: https://www.namesnerd.com/animal/turtle-names