Nap time !!

Linhdan Nguyen

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
I put them back together to see if maybe Max would be more active being with Khaleesi and they've been taking naps together! Of course im constantly checking up on them to make sure theres no bullying but khaleesi seems to be pretty happy Max is with her. And Max is more active now that I've put him with Khaleesi. I know they probably wont be able to stay together forever given how aggressive and territorial russians can be and Max doesnt seem like hes matured to the breeding age yet. But if it works for them now, I'll allow it.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1458755126.602671.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1458755145.246877.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1458755167.687481.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1458755200.304275.jpg

Theyre so cute !

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
Also, they seem to take naps together under the basking lamp more than in the log hide, is this normal? Or could it mean the basking lamp should be higher? Its at 95 F right now.

turdle yerdle

IL
Also, they seem to take naps together under the basking lamp more than in the log hide, is this normal? Or could it mean the basking lamp should be higher? Its at 95 F right now.
Your temp is fine, It may just be their preference don't worry too much. Btw what is the placement of the thermometer try puting on the ground and see the temp. That is so cute that they sleep together!

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
Your temp is fine, It may just be their preference don't worry too much. Btw what is the placement of the thermometer try puting on the ground and see the temp. That is so cute that they sleep together!
Okay. The thermometer is on the cool side and in the middle. I do test the basking spot often and its always 95.5F or 97 when the soil starts getting dry. And yes isnt it! Im surprised but im still keeping an eye on them to make sure no ones being mean :)

Ashley Rolison

Awwwww ours used to be like that too for the first couple of years. Little stinkers started being mean to each other so we re-homed one to a good friend (so we had visiting opportunities) and still have the other. He is kept separate from our Leopard torts.

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
Awwwww ours used to be like that too for the first couple of years. Little stinkers started being mean to each other so we re-homed one to a good friend (so we had visiting opportunities) and still have the other. He is kept separate from our Leopard torts.
Aww , yeah im kind of waiting for that day. Hopefully its no time soon though. They are so cute sleeping and eating together . Its good you get to see the one you had to rehome!