Natural Habitat

rpm23

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I'm looking for natural accessories for an enclosure...hideouts with large enough openings for a full grown Hermann's, low climbing, soaking, basking, live plants, and faux plants, enrichment, etc. Mediterranean forest habitat. Any favorite websites for these things?

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hello!
Hardware stores and plant nurseries are, probably, your best options. Terracotta saucers and pots, slate, pebbles and such for the "climbing, soaking and basking" and tortoise safe plants from nurseries, repotted and propagated or grown from seeds (like this mix - https://www.tortoisesupply.com/TestudoMix).

Are we talking about indoors or outdoors enclosure? What size?

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Some sanitazed logs are great, so is planting tortoise safe plants. What kind of plans do you have for the enclousure? I'm not from the US so can't really recommend where to get plants, but as a general rule propagation or planting from seed is the safest option since chemicals in the soil/plant are a risk.

rpm23

Texas
Hello!
Hardware stores and plant nurseries are, probably, your best options. Terracotta saucers and pots, slate, pebbles and such for the "climbing, soaking and basking" and tortoise safe plants from nurseries, repotted and propagated or grown from seeds (like this mix - https://www.tortoisesupply.com/TestudoMix).

Are we talking about indoors or outdoors enclosure? What size?
For now indoor....48in×20in. I'm mostly having trouble finding natural material hideouts that have an opening large enough for when my Hermanns Tortoise is fully grown. He's about 4 inches right now but I expect about 8 max. He's thought to be male so maybe more like 6 however his tail shape so far has not convinced me. Haha! I found one hideout on Etsy but it was sold out and the shop closed/retired. 🥺

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
For now indoor....48in×20in. I'm mostly having trouble finding natural material hideouts that have an opening large enough for when my Hermanns Tortoise is fully grown. He's about 4 inches right now but I expect about 8 max. He's thought to be male so maybe more like 6 however his tail shape so far has not convinced me. Haha! I found one hideout on Etsy but it was sold out and the shop closed/retired. 🥺
Hm. What about a ceramic bowl with a tunnel in substrate? Or three slate pieces making a Π-shaped figure (kind of bunker)

rpm23

Texas
This is much too small for a 4 inch, and growing, tortoise. Something that size is fine for sleeping in over night if he is out walking around all day in something larger.
When he's older/larger, he'll have an outdoor enclosure. Right now he would be eaten if I did that or swept away by storms and tornadoes. I'm sure he'll be happy in a 4ft enclosure and play time or in the house. I re-measured him instead of letting my 6yr old do it and he's 3 inches. He's halfway to full size.