Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
so sorry..
when you are ready.. take all you have learned and rescue one that is a bit older and in need of a great home..
hatchlings are heartbreakers..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm so sorry you've lost him. You did what you could, but he was probably too far gone. Chances are good he was started on the sick path before you got him.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Sorry to hear, remember a tortoise can hide an illness for weeks and or months, before showing signs. When you feel ready you can either rescue an older one who needs a good home, or get one from a reputable and good breeder. Once again sorry to hear, amazing how quickly these little shelled guys can worm their way into our hearts.

MunchkinsMommah

5 Year Member
IL
he seemed so healthy when we got him. Its just sad, and yes. I have agreed that when I have moved on, i'm going to adopt one . Because hatchlings are pretty much harder to take care of. Were can you rescue them from?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
MunchkinsMommah said:
he seemed so healthy when we got him. Its just sad, and yes. I have agreed that when I have moved on, i'm going to adopt one . Because hatchlings are pretty much harder to take care of. Were can you rescue them from?

Craigslist is a good place to find them sometimes, you can also check petfinder, your local humane society, and any reptile rescue group in your area.

MunchkinsMommah

5 Year Member
IL
dmmj said:
MunchkinsMommah said:

Craigslist is a good place to find them sometimes, you can also check petfinder, your local humane society, and any reptile rescue group in your area.

Okay . Thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.