Need Help comparing Desert Tort.

AZGirl

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hi all,

My tort, Parker went missing a year ago. I live in high desert of central AZ. Just heard from friend that a tort was found not way far from me, maybe a mile or so. Parker had some pyramiding, so does this one. Have emailed with an animal park and she sent me pics. Waiting for answer on sex, size and approx age. Thought I’d post a few pics and see if the experts have any input. The pics of surrendered tort looks like it has a green ‘film’ to it, so colors seem off to me.

Anyway….. would welcome your very educated hunches if these are the same tort or no way.

How much can a tort grow in a year? Parker seemed to always wake up bigger than when he went to sleep.

Thank you all, in advance. This would be a miracle if it were him.

The first three (in grass) are the found tort, the other three are Parker just after last years brumation.IMG_0762.jpegIMG_0761.jpegIMG_0760.jpegIMG_6300.jpegIMG_6299.jpegIMG_6286.jpegIMG_3703.jpeg

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
My opinion is not your tortoise. The shell couldn't have gotten more domed within a year. Please wait for others opinion.

AZGirl

Arizona
My opinion is not your tortoise. The shell couldn't have gotten more domed within a year. Please wait for others opinion.
Thank you. I think it may be much bigger than Parker should be. Can and will go look in person also. Thank you for the reply. 🙏

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hi all,

My tort, Parker went missing a year ago. I live in high desert of central AZ. Just heard from friend that a tort was found not way far from me, maybe a mile or so. Parker had some pyramiding, so does this one. Have emailed with an animal park and she sent me pics. Waiting for answer on sex, size and approx age. Thought I’d post a few pics and see if the experts have any input. The pics of surrendered tort looks like it has a green ‘film’ to it, so colors seem off to me.

Anyway….. would welcome your very educated hunches if these are the same tort or no way.

How much can a tort grow in a year? Parker seemed to always wake up bigger than when he went to sleep.

Thank you all, in advance. This would be a miracle if it were him.

The first three (in grass) are the found tort, the other three are Parker just after last years brumation.
To me, they look like the same tortoise.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Zoom in on Parker's nuccal scute. See that funny little notch?

Now zoom in on the other tortoise's nuccal scute. No notch. The greenish color is likely from whatever the overhead shade cover is. They look pretty similar other than that.

AZGirl

Arizona

Now zoom in on the other tortoise's nuccal scute. No notch. The greenish color is likely from whatever the overhead shade cover is. They look pretty similar other than that.
Is that the one right behind his head? We are focusing on that .

AZGirl

Arizona
Here is a compare w/o the green shade over found one. Parker is younger here (2021) Was trying to get a top down comparison. We are looking at skute behind head also.

Attachments

• IMG_7286.jpeg
    IMG_7286.jpeg
    310.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9942.jpeg
    IMG_9942.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1

AZGirl

Arizona

Thank you. I may need to look in person. I think the found one may be too large to be a Parker. However, I am not sure what growth rate can be and under what conditions. They said he seems friendly and well fed.