Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
My yard was broken into last night and my sons new bike cable lock was cut and the bike was taken. This isnt the first time a scum bag has robbed us. I need to install wireless outdoor cameras now. Anyone using any they would recommend? I'm looking for at least four cameras with remote veiwing capabilities. Tatum, my leopard doesn't get to live outside day and night without them.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
RE: NEED HELP HAD BREAK IN NEED CAMERAS

wellington said:
My yard was broken into last night and my sons new bike cable lock was cut and the bike was taken. This isnt the first time a scum bag has robbed us. I need to install wireless outdoor cameras now. Anyone using any they would recommend? I'm looking for at least four cameras with remote veiwing capabilities. Tatum, my leopard doesn't get to live outside day and night without them.

Barb ..... I recently set up a whole system at the Cove' ... if ya want you can call me .. or I will email you ....
J~

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas

I got a system at sams club. It works good. Not wireless. But that was 4 years ago so im sure everything is upgraded by now.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA

Thanks Kelly, I will check them out. I checked Costco and they don't seem to have what I need. I haven't check SAMs yet though.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas

It was easy install. just cat5(same as internet cable) that plugs into the cameras and hooks right into the back of the DVR. Everything came in the box too. You can look at it on the web and install an AP on your phone and see your cameras anytime. I do have to say though loading it up and hooking it to the network was very difficult. But costumer service did remotely for me after a 20 minute wait on the phone. It came with 4 outdoor cameras and 2 indoor cameras, and a DVR it was like 800 bucks. But helps with insurance a little too. Its a Panasonic I believe.

Well just checked sams online. Mine is already outdated(shakes fist. Technology these days)

This one is nice though.
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/revo-1...2-tb-hard-drive/prod6070671.ip?cid=SPOT_3UP_2

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA

Thanks Kelly. I did check that one out, and some others SAMs has. I just don't think a hardwire will work very easily for us. I live three floors up in my apartment building. In a few years we are moving to the first flow, after remodeling. I just can't wait that long to get the cameras.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA

Thanks, I will check for website.

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Re: NEED HELP HAD BREAK IN NEED CAMERAS

Barb,

One of the products i sell is a camera. Sound and motion activated, with night vision, and im certain i can get you the best price, even over night it to ya for free. Gimme a pm and ill shoot ya my phone number.

Tom

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington

Darn it, Barb, sorry to hear that!
I needed more range than the wired set ups, and I have had very good luck with Foscam wireless cams.
I bought mine individually, and set them up wired (ethernet to your router), but once they are established, you can then go through the wireless set up instructions to convert them to wireless. Then they just have to be plugged in for power, but are connected wirelessly to the internet (your wireless router).
I use a Foscam in my Greenhouse and one inside enclosure. You want pan and tilt, because a fixed camera isn't as helpful. These also have infared settings for night time.
http://foscam.us/wireless-ip-cameras/foscam-fi8910w-wireless-ip-camera.html
I have been looking at their outside cameras as well.
I agree with Kelly, they are not simple to set up, but work very well once you figure it out (I have a Mac, and am not a computer whiz).But I found some Youtube clips put out by Foscam which were excellent.
I have an app on my iPhone so I can view them from anywhere.
And I can now verify that tortoises don't do a whole lot during the day, lol.

TommyZ

5 Year Member

Oh...and you can watch it remotely, from pc or smart phone.. :)

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington

Posted the same time as Tom, sounds like he might have some good options

TommyZ

5 Year Member

Yep, Barb has rushed to my rescue a few times on here, id be happy to help.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA

Thanks, I will look into them. TommmyZ, i will be sending a pm, Thanks:)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California

Keep in mind that cameras will only let you see what happened and not stop a thief....I am sorry you are dealing with this garbage...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Unfortunately, they (police) won't let me fire up my yard so I can fry the SOB's.:D cause I would if I could. However, at least the camera hopefully will catch his face. We are also adding more alarm security on top of the cameras. Thanks for the reminder though:)

Status
Not open for further replies.