Need Help Identifying

Juliaboris

5 Year Member
Hello all... it's been quite some time since I've been on here. I wanted to post an update on my girl Boris. I posted back in 2016 with some doubt on what type of tortoise she was. I had replies saying sulcata and chaco but wasn't sure. I still am unsure of her gender. She is still living in Uruguay with plenty of space to roam and be free but I am missing her dearly and have been wanting to bring her back to the US with me. I wanted to be sure of her species before starting the process of bringing her back. Here are some recent pictures of her. She hasn't grown much which makes me think she might not be a sulcata. She does hibernate during the winter. I am thinking she is a Chaco but would love some more input! Thank you all in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_9707.jpg
    IMG_9707.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9706.jpg
    IMG_9706.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9705.jpg
    IMG_9705.jpg
  • IMG_9709.jpg
    IMG_9709.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9710.jpg
    IMG_9710.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9708.jpg
    IMG_9708.jpg

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hello all... it's been quite some time since I've been on here. I wanted to post an update on my girl Boris. I posted back in 2016 with some doubt on what type of tortoise she was. I had replies saying sulcata and chaco but wasn't sure. I still am unsure of her gender. She is still living in Uruguay with plenty of space to roam and be free but I am missing her dearly and have been wanting to bring her back to the US with me. I wanted to be sure of her species before starting the process of bringing her back. Here are some recent pictures of her. She hasn't grown much which makes me think she might not be a sulcata. She does hibernate during the winter. I am thinking she is a Chaco but would love some more input! Thank you all in advance!
Looks Chaco to me. The scales on the front legs are not like those of a sulcata. Also sulcata do not hibernate/brumate. Finally, the face doesn't look like that of a sulcata to me, either.