Need Help Picking Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankieSue71

5 Year Member
I live west of Chicago, and I have 2 Russian tortoises. (They stay pretty small too...) I know they aren't on your list, but I really like them. They go outside in the morning, and come inside in the evening, I have an 8' wide x 12' long pen. Is the pool the reason you couldn't set something up for them outside? I know some pools don't really leave much lawn space.... Natural sunlight is really the best for them, if they can get it.

Reptiking94

5 Year Member
No I have plently of room but I dont think my parents would be to crazy about a tortoise enclosure in their backyard, I was thinking since Im getting a very young redfoot by the time its big my parents will be older so they probaly wouldnt care if I maybe built one outside, I was thinking of ideas, I could have a open topped one but I think it would be cool to have a large shed and build a awesome habitat inside and have misters on bars on the ceiling and would mist the inside periodicaly, is that a bad idea because Id prefer it because theres a german shepperd next door (its in a fence but better safe than sorry) and I dont think it would like the constant noise in the backyard of children in the pool splashing or the occassional lawn mower or even the constant barking of that shepperd.

Status
Not open for further replies.