Need Help With Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I am very sorry if any of the things I have said have hurt you, but I am just trying to help you and the tortoise.

If this was MY tortoise, this is what I would do..

I would take off any light, especially the heat light for now. The temps in your room are high enough. I would place the food dish near the tortoise in the early am and/or early evening. I would also at that time, mist the enclosure very well. Then I would leave. I would not touch this tortoise in any way for atleast a week. From a distance, observe if she comes out, if she leaves a dirty water dish (big and deep enough to freely soak in), does it appear she even leaves the hide? During this week I would also keep noise levels down, vibrations from walking, slamming doors too down as much as possible. Tiptoe when near her. Also not have her in high levels of light, more shade/darkness.

I would keep trying the ripe bananas, earthworms, cantaloupe, mushrooms, and papaya. These are the most common high choice foods.

Have you asked for the free sample of mazuri yet?

Any how that is what I would do. Take it or leave it as you choose. This has in my experience and in others seemed to work the best. Has nothing to do with you, how much money you have, ect..,

Jacqui

Status
Not open for further replies.