need karmic healing energy! "formerly rescue with a shell wound..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
Hi all, Plumley needs some healing energy sent his way!

Plumley, the tort with the shell wound I took in a little more than a week ago needs some karmic energy sent his way! He's struggling to survive someone taking a drill to his shell and possibly dammaging internal organs. Yesterday he looked so bad I was expecting him to die at any time but he's looking better today. It's a day-by-day watch.

Please send any good thoughts his way!

Thanks.

Merlin M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Edinburgh, Scotland
RE: Plumley needs some karmic healing energy! "formerly rescue with a shell wound..."

He is getting lots of healing thoughts from me! He deserves a happy healthy life! He is lucky to having someone taking such good care of him now (and I am sure he knows it!)

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
RE: Plumley needs some karmic healing energy! "formerly rescue with a shell wound..."

Merlin M said:
He is getting lots of healing thoughts from me! He deserves a happy healthy life! He is lucky to having someone taking such good care of him now (and I am sure he knows it!)

Thanks I appreciate the words of encouragement! I'll post how he is tomorrow.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Do you know for sure that he has a puncture wound in an organ? Where is the puncture? On the carapace or plastron? Does he have difficulty breathing? I am praying for a quick recovery.

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
i dont understand some peoples' actions. i could go on a huge long rant about this, but i will save you the time and frustration. anyways, kudos to you for taking him in, and many healing thoughts are being sent his way. please keep us updated.

New Desert Tortoise Mommy

5 Year Member
How could people do this ?! I feel so sad and sick just the thought of it. I have a lot of energy going towards him please keep us updated !!!

please and thank you

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
Thanks for the good thoughts coming Plumley's way. This morning I found him bright eyed and digging in his food bowl. During soaking breathing was easier. He mouth-breathed 3-5 times verses the constant mouth breathing he experienced this last weekend.

As long as he keeps fighting I'll put every ounce of energy into getting him well!

sunshine_hugs

5 Year Member
Aww...he's on my mind a lot. I'll be sending healing energy his way! I'm glad to hear he was looking good this morning.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
If the puncture wound was on the carapace, it's likely that it pierced the lung which explains the mouth opening and gasping for air. Stress can do it too, but it's worth a trip to the vet and x-rays so that if the lung was affected, he may need antibiotics. Infection could set in and you may not know it until one day, he'll die. Please, use the positive energy going your way and take this tort to the vet!

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
sibi said:
If the puncture wound was on the carapace, it's likely that it pierced the lung which explains the mouth opening and gasping for air. Stress can do it too, but it's worth a trip to the vet and x-rays so that if the lung was affected, he may need antibiotics. Infection could set in and you may not know it until one day, he'll die. Please, use the positive energy going your way and take this tort to the vet!

Done, done, and done. He's been to the vet, not to mention 3 consults with tortoise rehabbers, is on antib's, and has been x-rayed. I've already cleared the infection he came in with. I've had him for a total of 8 days.

I'm not so arrogant that I think I could heal an animal this sick without taking him to the vet and consluting with people that know a ton more than me.

Asking people to send good energy his way was not a replacement for a vet and/or meds.

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
Update on Plumley:
He's showing small signs of improvment everyday. Not out of the woods though. I still need to get him to eat. This morning he gave me a run for my money while changing his bandage (struggling and scrathing me). It was nice to see him fiesty again! Yesterday he spent the day digging in his substrait.

Thanks everyone for the support. He's not out of the woods but I think he's begining to see through the trees!

I'll be away from computers all weekend so I won't post another update until Sunday or Monday.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Terese, sorry if I thought you were relying on positive thought alone. Since nothing was stated about your vet visit and all that had been done, I wanted to make sure that the poor tort went to the vet. Now, I can wish you and your tort positive energy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.