Need some advice - Horse field tortoise

Ldove94

Location (City and/or State)
Edinburgh
Hello,
I have recently taken home our nursery tortoise while we are closed over the Christmas period. His original tank broke (the glass smashed) and so he has a new table and since bringing him home he has only eaten once that I can 100% say and hasn't pooed or peed in about a week. He refuses to eat anything, or drink. I have been giving him warm baths daily but I'm just a bit worried about him. I also don't think his enclosure is set up properly, so advice is greatly appreciated. He is about 2 and a half -3 years old (not sure exactly) and hasn't hibernated this year as he isn't at a healthy enough weight. He is very fussy and won't eat anything other than Kale and the Komodo Fruit and Flower pellets.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• PXL_20210104_180350648.jpg
    PXL_20210104_180350648.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Your horsfield (no e) aka Russian tortoise definitely needs some work doing on his enclosure

It’s too small and you cannot maintain the heat and humidity he needs while small without a covered enclosure.

Please read the following and compare it with your setup

Ldove94

Edinburgh
Your horsfield (no e) aka Russian tortoise definitely needs some work doing on his enclosure

It’s too small and you cannot maintain the heat and humidity he needs while small without a covered enclosure.

Please read the following and compare it with your setup
Okay, thank you for the help. I will have a read of this and speak to my manager about sorting him out properly.