Need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlwarner

5 Year Member
In the recent snow storm my Sulcata was buried under snow and debris. A tree went thru the roof of the shed that has his enclosure in it. I got him out and cleaned and warmed up. I cannot get him to eat. He is lrg about 50lbs. We have been without electricity and I have been having to transport him to keep him warm to places with power. Any advice on getting him to eat?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Don't worry about him eating. They can go weeks with out eating a thing. The issue is to get him into a stable, warm environment where he can be warm and get settled ASAP. The more you move him around in those cold temps the more stressed he will become. Just get him set up somewhere, get the temps nice and warm day and night, give him a few days, and the appetite will come back.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
hi, a few years ago, we lost power and i had an egg in the incubator. the next day my husband came home and said ...and when did we get a generator? may not be a bad idea. good luck with your tort. hope all is well now.

M

Maggie Cummings

He's just too cold. I think you should warm him up and he'll be fine. Stop worrying about him not eating, a healthy Sulcata won't pass up too many meals. You just need to warm him up...

dlwarner

5 Year Member
I was thinking that was the problem. going to have to make a new enclosure. We bought a generator. (My hubs has had to rid the brand new thing back together twice and the store is saying no refunds!!! Don't want a refund want an exchange).

We just got power back a couple of days ago after 5 days. So off to the lumber store I go. Thanks

dlwarner said:
I was thinking that was the problem. going to have to make a new enclosure. We bought a generator. (My hubs has had to rid the brand new thing back together twice and the store is saying no refunds!!! Don't want a refund want an exchange).

We just got power back a couple of hours ago after 5 days. So off to the lumber store I go. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.